The Student Room Group

Gcse french phrases- do they make sense? :)

Hiya everyone,
I've just got a few French phrases and I'm not sure if they're grammatically correct or make sense. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks :smile:

l'on peut apprendre- where one can learn

Qui est ma matiere préférée parce q'elle (is elle right or should it be il) m'interesse.- which is my favourite subject because it interests me.

C'est ennuyeux mais je crois encore que uniforme est un bonne idée - it's annoying but I still believe uniform is a good idea.

Je le trouverai passionnant- I will find it exciting :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hiya everyone,
I've just got a few French phrases and I'm not sure if they're grammatically correct or make sense. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks :smile:

l'on peut apprendre- where one can learn

Qui est ma matiere préférée parce q'elle (is elle right or should it be il) m'interesse.- which is my favourite subject because it interests me.

C'est ennuyeux mais je crois encore que uniforme est un bonne idée - it's annoying but I still believe uniform is a good idea.

Je le trouverai passionnant- I will find it exciting :smile:

I would just say on peut apprendre
parce qu'elle* you use elle to refer back to 'matiere' because it's feminine! EDIT: just realised.. you use 'il' to refer back to something which is masculine otherwise 'elle'. However, it depends on what you said is your favourite lesson. I.e. if you said La Psychologie then it would be parce qu'elle as that's enentially what you've speaking about
une bonne idée*
I don't think I will find it exciting makes sense?? I would certainly never say it in English and would be confused if someone else said it. However, that is how you would say it.

That's all I'm capable of, hope it helped
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beyknowles
I would just say on peut apprendre
parce qu'elle* you use elle to refer back to 'matiere' because it's feminine! EDIT: just realised.. you use 'il' to refer back to something which is masculine otherwise 'elle'. However, it depends on what you said is your favourite lesson. I.e. if you said La Psychologie then it would be parce qu'elle as that's enentially what you've speaking about
une bonne idée*
I don't think I will find it exciting makes sense?? I would certainly never say it in English and would be confused if someone else said it. However, that is how you would say it.

That's all I'm capable of, hope it helped

Thank you, that's really helpful :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending