checking in

i do maths, fm, chem and physics

no idea for next year :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Arithmeticae
checking in

i do maths, fm, chem and physics

no idea for next year :s-smilie:

Any idea on which subjects you'll do next year?
Reply 3
^ Arithmeticae please don't be one of those ***** like the ones in my FM set who want to go into investment banking you have too much integrity...
I do Critical Thinking, Economics, English Literature, History and Japanese.

At the moment, I'm thinking about doing Combined Honours in the Social Sciences or Engineering with a Foundation Year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Edminzodo
I do Critical Thinking, Economics, English Literature, History and Japanese. At the moment, I'm thinking about doing Combined Honours in the Social Sciences or Engineering with a Foundation Year.

are you on edexcel for econoomics? how do you find it?
Original post by voxdock
^ Arithmeticae please don't be one of those ***** like the ones in my FM set who want to go into investment banking you have too much integrity...

When you actually get to top 10 uni, every person left, right and center, want to be an investment banker. It gets pretty annoying as most have no idea what it entails and all they want to do is just take a lot of drugs and have a **** ton of cash.
I was pretty much in this position last year! My suggestions for anyone in this position is to go through university prospectuses and have a look at subjects you may not have considered before - that's how I learned about mine!
Original post by dolphins321
Any idea on which subjects you'll do next year?

might take all 4, if school makes me drop one it'll probably be physics or fm (might just self teach and sit exams at school)

Original post by voxdock

lol was actually just looking at something finance related, more quant or actuary stuff than IB though :lol:
I do maths, psychology, biology and history, i dont really know what I want to do, my main plan is Maths but now I am doubting myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Dilzo999
When you actually get to top 10 uni, every person left, right and center, want to be an investment banker. It gets pretty annoying as most have no idea what it entails and all they want to do is just take a lot of drugs and have a **** ton of cash.

hope that's exaggerated! fear of that mentality alone has put me off considering LSE even though I don't want to don anything economics/maths etc related
Reply 11
Original post by Chlorophile
I was pretty much in this position last year! My suggestions for anyone in this position is to go through university prospectuses and have a look at subjects you may not have considered before - that's how I learned about mine!

what did you decide on?
what did you decide on?

Earth Science! It was the combination between the sciences and the environment that I'd always been looking for, yet I would never have known about it if I hadn't randomly flicked through strange subjects on the Oxford prospectus.
i'm doing maths/further maths/physics/computing... no idea what to do
Read this article about how to chose a subject : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Help_choosing_a_subject
Hi, Im in year 12 and do Maths, Physics, Geography and Biology. I was wondering if anyone could suggest an area of study that links the maths and physics side to the environmental side of Geog and Bio?
Cheers
Reply 16
I don't even want to go to uni haha
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Hi, I'm in year 12 and do Maths, Physics, Geography and Biology. I was wondering if anyone could suggest an area of study that links the maths and physics side to the environmental side of Geog and Bio?
Cheers

Look at 'International Development' in all its forms (good for combos of Economics/Maths, Environmental and Human Geography etc) https://www.uea.ac.uk/international-development/undergraduate-degrees

Or 'Population and Geography' at Southampton (great for maths/stats folk who want a practical 'human' application for it) -
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/undergraduate/courses/Demography_UGcourses/l701_bsc_population_and_geography.page

Or 'Geology/Physical Geography' etc https://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/geology-and-physical-geography-bsc-hons/overview/

Or Earth/Ocean/Marine Science type courses.
are you on edexcel for econoomics? how do you find it?

No, AQA. It's tough! How are you finding it?
maths, further maths, computing, economics
hopefully a compsci degree

Quick Reply