The Student Room Group

Maths help please :)

Show that e^1 + e^-1 - 2 = ((e-1)^2)/e.

Thankss
Original post by Chots
Show that e^1 + e^-1 - 2 = ((e-1)^2)/e.

Thankss

Have you managed to make any progress so far? I'll give you a hint - try to combine all those terms into one fraction.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Have you managed to make any progress so far? I'll give you a hint - try to combine all those terms into one fraction.

Ah, my bad.
Original post by bigshiv2
Ah, my bad.

Your second line is one step away from the answer! What does e^2-2e+1 look like?
Reply 5
thank you soo muchhh :smile: so simple haha
Reply 6
Original post by Chlorophile
Your second line is one step away from the answer! What does e^2-2e+1 look like?

I meant my bad as in I should have prompted them in the right direction instead of just doing it for them, I think my solution is correct?
Reply 7
I meant my bad as in I should have prompted them in the right direction instead of just doing it for them, I think my solution is correct?

Nah lol thanks for just showing me, i never would have got there with promps. The original question was show that the integral of (e^x - e^-x) dx with limits of 1 and 0 = (e-1)^2/e. What i posted was as far as i could get it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Chots
Nah lol thanks for just showing me, i never would have got there with promps. The original question was show that the integral of (e^x - e^-x) dx with limits of 1 and 0 = (e-1)^2/e. What i posted was as far as i could get it :smile:

Fair enough, C3?
Reply 9
Fair enough, C3?

Aha yeah ugh :/
Original post by Chots
Aha yeah ugh :/

C3 is fine, most of it is integration and differentiation, it mostly provides a basis for C4. Oh and there is the functions chapter, I hated that almost as much as the coursework.
Reply 11
C3 is fine, most of it is integration and differentiation, it mostly provides a basis for C4. Oh and there is the functions chapter, I hated that almost as much as the coursework.

Yeah guess so. Haha yeah hate functions too -_- coursework? what exam board did you do? What are you doing now?
Original post by Chots
Yeah guess so. Haha yeah hate functions too -_- coursework? what exam board did you do? What are you doing now?

I did MEI, I took C3, C4 and m1 this year ( a year early). because I'm doing further maths so will sit the rest of my further maths exams next summer.

Quick Reply

Latest