The Student Room Group

Need help with my A-Level options.

Okay so I want to go into the business field in future, i already decided i want to do business management in university however i am quite puzzled with what i should pick in A-Levels.

I've picked graphic design and business studies so far... i need one more subject.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Maths could be really helpful in developing logical thinking skills needed for business, as well as numeracy skills for dealing with finances. If you are sure about what course you want to do, check out the entry requirements on university websites and they will give you an idea of the subjects they prefer. :smile:
Reply 2
I think if you are good with maths pick that...or economics works best :smile:
Maths or economics would be very useful to you. If maths isn't really your thing, an essay based subject like geography or history would look good as well.

Whatever you take, make sure it's something you enjoy, because otherwise you're not going to have the motivation to do the work needed.

Hope this was helpful :smile:
Reply 4
Going into the business world doesn't require very specific A levels. Look into the university courses that you would like to do and see if they have any specific requirements.
So I would recommend choosing subjects which demonstrate your ability e.g maths. I think you should pick economics instead of business studies as well (it's seen as better).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would drop business studies because it not very well received and take economics and maths along with graphic design.

Quick Reply

Latest