The Student Room Group

Whats the most stupid rule your school has?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TotallyWilde
No wearing blazers indoors since "they're not part of the school uniform" THEN WHY DID MY MUM SPEND LIKE £60 ON IT??? And here's the killer: these girls in my year were told of for not wearing their jumpers over the school shirts since "these white winter shirts must not be worn with neon or dark coloured undergarments. WHITE/ LIGHT bras are permitted". And this rule is new too...
Yeah and this is why we do Football/T-Shirts underneath re the above poster!

Spoiler

Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
No phones whatsoever in corridors. I checked the time a few days ago on my phone and the deputy walked past and told me off :angry:

Would understand, if it is in a lesson. But in corridors? what if, it is a very urgent phone call, say an emergency for instance. That is really ridiculous.
Uniform regulations are enforced outside of school, because "our uniform represents our school".

We have a lift from the basement to the top floor, and most students bring really heavy bags/suitcases (even primary students), but only teachers and seniors are allowed to use it, and primary students are only allowed to use it in the morning. Drivers/maids/help of any kind basically isn't allowed past the basement. The thing is, classes for year 3-6 are on a floor that can't be reached via the lift, so we watch the poor lil children struggle with suitcases every morning.

....That never stopped my class from sneaking into the lift though....

We're not allowed to leave books in our lockers or under our desks. We found that out the hard way when we left for summer break and came back with all our books missing. We weren't allowed to photocopy them, so most people spent a load of money ordering new ones, or begging seniors to lend them their hand-me-downs. I got through my Secondary years without a Chemistry book, and my last year of secondary without a Biology book. Not sure how I survived, those teachers are the strictest (bio teacher was head of discipline).

Apparently relationships between JC and Secondary students are fine, but two girls dating get broken up. I'll choke the snake that ruined a perfectly good relationship...Shady hoe...

You don't get your report until you pay any fines. I had a semester-long book fine that I only had because I didn't want to take my report card home. Suckas
Original post by Kallisto
Would understand, if it is in a lesson. But in corridors? what if, it is a very urgent phone call, say an emergency for instance. That is really ridiculous.

exactly, even having it in your hand results in a 24 hour confiscation
Until 3rd grade we had to show our head teacher how much we ate at lunch. Of course, it wasn't a bad idea to make sure we would't go hungry for the rest of the day, but unless we ate most of our food we got sent back to our tables even if we didn't like it, which sometimes did more harm than good. However, it wasn't nearly as strictly enforced after a guy had thrown up on his meatloaf
No chewing gum. Like they were seriously anal about it.

In the rule book it went: No gum, no knives, no firearms, etc etc

Cos gum is so much worse than weaponry....
Original post by gwaggy
No chewing gum. Like they were seriously anal about it.

In the rule book it went: No gum, no knives, no firearms, etc etc

Cos gum is so much worse than weaponry....

That is a bad joke, isn't it? why in the hell is chewing gum be considered worse than weapons? weapons hurt humans, a gum is harmless in comparison to those. I have always hate political correctness, especially it is so senseless.
(edited 7 years ago)
•If you're 10 mins late, Saturday detention.

•If you're ill and don't call in before 0800, Saturday detention (even if you're in hospital and physically cannot call in- no shits are given)

•If you're caught praying- Saturday detention

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 469
Original post by niteninja1
No sex in the building

Yeah, but tbf I always preferred it when the geography teacher took me behind the sixth form block to sodomise me.
Not being allowed out of the classroom freely, and having a teacher walking the corridor patrolling. Also locking the toilets during lesson time is another thing that really p**s me off. No pun intended :biggrin:
Original post by Kallisto
That is a bad joke, isn't it? why in the hell is chewing gum be considered worse than weapons? weapons hurt humans, a gum is harmless in comparison to those. I have always hate political correctness, especially it is so senseless.

I am dead serious. It's actually ridiculous
Original post by gwaggy
I am dead serious. It's actually ridiculous

Incredible, as usual what I am reading in this thread. All of these sayings remember me why it was so hard for myself to go to school.
Original post by rory58824
I had spiked hair in primary, wasn't allowed to gel it up, teacher forced me to wet it, I was a flathead all my primary life! -.-
Same for me and with my lovely tie knots I do Rory
At my school they banned us taking photos on the school site, doesn't matter what we are taking a picture of, unless we have permission from a supervising teacher we are not allowed to. An unusual rule my school has is that no one is able to imitate the action of taking drugs after someone in my year apparently pretended to take drugs which they claimed was icing sugar afterwards- but no one honestly knows besides them.
Tie has to be at least 6 stripes and top button must be done up at all times. And i swear to god, they are all so picky about the top button thing. Like, this is what it felt like; You would come into school without trousers on and top button undone, you would receive a uniform detention, but it would have been for the top button. (This isn't literate, just how it felt like)
The most stupid one in my school is "no coloured bras", meaning girls were only allowed to wear white bras

I get that uniform rules need to be relatively strict and stuff, but bras? Seriously?
Primary School: recurrent bans on the display and exchange of mini-games from cereal boxes, especially Jedi swords, those were immediately confiscated and got you in isolation during playground time.

Current theories on the reasons behind this absurdity: something religious, ridiculous complaints from mad parents, they had become a currency like cigarettes in prison, there was so much hype around them that it would distract us from lessons, even mini swords are weapons...
If you're more than 5 minutes late to a lesson, you're not allowed to be in it and get sent away by the teacher.
Original post by Rarest
Tie has to be at least 6 stripes and top button must be done up at all times. And i swear to god, they are all so picky about the top button thing. Like, this is what it felt like; You would come into school without trousers on and top button undone, you would receive a uniform detention, but it would have been for the top button. (This isn't literate, just how it felt like)

Same with us with the Crest - but am I playing ball!!?

No way San Jose!

Quick Reply

Latest