The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Cornwall Applicants :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louisewestlake
We had to take the sleeper from london on a Friday night, nearly £400 for two of us, we got £75 reimbursement from uni. We only went because I was pretty certain I wanted to go there and the visit decided it for me. Just got 2 offers for marine biology and marine biology with study abroad, so it was worth it

Wow congrats, certainly worth it! :smile: I really want to go but travels costs are a big issue :frown:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
Hi!
Got two offers: Geography and Geology!
What applicant days are people looking at? Mine are the 14/28th of Feb or the 14th March :smile:
I'm not going to the applicant day as I already went to the open days, but if anyone goes for the English one then please feel free to post on here about it as it'd be really useful to hear your experiences :smile:
Im not applying but i live very near the campus, i have another 2 years before i go to uni myself so if anyone wants to be shown round the local area or settle in i can lend a hand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordangb11
Im not applying but i live very near the campus, i have another 2 years before i go to uni myself so if anyone wants to be shown round the local area or settle in i can lend a hand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really kind of you, thank you! Luckily I've been to Falmouth a fair few times, so if I do live there I'll probably be ok. It can be quite daunting moving to a new place though, especially if you're unfamiliar with it! Nice to see helpful locals on here :smile:
Reply 46
Hey guys, congrats on your offers! Just wondered how long it took for them to come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leylaelsey
Hey guys, congrats on your offers! Just wondered how long it took for them to come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 days for my marine biology offers
Reply 48
Finally received my offer for BA/BSc Geography after 2 weeks and a day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lx477
Finally received my offer for BA/BSc Geography after 2 weeks and a day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo, congrats! :biggrin: I know how annoying it is waiting for offers, I have 4/5 offers but still waiting for Cardiff to reply, have been for weeks and weeks!
Reply 50
Original post by CloudedSilver
Woo, congrats! :biggrin: I know how annoying it is waiting for offers, I have 4/5 offers but still waiting for Cardiff to reply, have been for weeks and weeks!

Thank you! It is really annoying, but when you get the last offer you'll feel so relieved 😁 I expect that Cardiff has loaaadddsss of applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deeferdog
Application has finally gone! :biggrin:

The only thing I'm bothered about is the train prices tbh!

You can always hitchhike if the train prices send your budget of the tracks :biggrin:It seems like everyone is coming from somewhere on the other side of the country. By bus two weeks ago it took me over 10 hours with stops in Birmingham and Bristol.

I have an offer from Cardiff for Geology next year, it is just Exeter that I am waiting on now. Cardiff got back to me after one week of applying. When did you apply? And how long did it take you to hear back from Exeter?
Original post by charlottealevel
Looking at train prices for applicant visit day and wasn't expecting train prices to be £200+ :O

Myself I never use trains. If you do not mind travelling by coach, National Express are pretty good and booking in advance, you could get a return from, say, northern England to Exeter for somewhere in the region of £50. Last month I went from Preston to Plymouth one-way for only £9 because I booked 2 weeks ahead and as part of a November deal. Still, you can find good deals if you just book ahead. Actually, I think bus travel is more fun as you get to see more and there are breaks along the way, though it takes longer.
Original post by November_22nd
I have an offer from Cardiff for Geology next year, it is just Exeter that I am waiting on now. Cardiff got back to me after one week of applying. When did you apply? And how long did it take you to hear back from Exeter?

I applied for English and sent my application off around 4th Nov and got most of my offers within the next week, so maybe I was just lucky that everyone replied so quick! Cardiff apparently leave it late with applications a lot though, so I'm not too concerned there. Hope you hear back from Exeter soon! :biggrin:
I applied for English and sent my application off around 4th Nov and got most of my offers within the next week, so maybe I was just lucky that everyone replied so quick! Cardiff apparently leave it late with applications a lot though, so I'm not too concerned there. Hope you hear back from Exeter soon! :biggrin:

Thanks, I hope so too :biggrin: I sent my application on 14th Nov and heard back from Glasgow 3 days later and the day I applied was a Friday. I just want to hear back from them quite badly as I really like their Geology degree programme. Would you consider an offer from Cardiff over Exeter, or do you have a particular university in mind?
Original post by November_22nd
Thanks, I hope so too :biggrin: I sent my application on 14th Nov and heard back from Glasgow 3 days later and the day I applied was a Friday. I just want to hear back from them quite badly as I really like their Geology degree programme. Would you consider an offer from Cardiff over Exeter, or do you have a particular university in mind?

I liked Cardiff but I think I'd go with Exeter. It's between Nottingham and Exeter for me now, but the thought of living in Cornwall is very tempting! :biggrin: The longer Cardiff take to reply though, the longer I have to respond to my offers, which is quite good in a way!
Original post by Katiekatie1
I have an offer for BA Human Sciences at Cornwall campus! I'm coming down to the applicant day from northwest, it's about £130 return with a railcard!
Anyone else for human sciences? :smile:

I've applied for the same course!!:smile:
Original post by laurenswan97
I've applied for the same course!!:smile:

Exciting! What made you choose it? :smile:
I've applied for History & English, still thinking about accepting, very conflicted! (journey, EXPENSES(!!))

Quick Reply

Latest