The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Cornwall Applicants :)

If you're applying to Exeter Cornwall campus or have an offer, feel free to chat here! I've got an offer for English (haven't accepted it yet) I'd love to hear from other folk who are thinking of or are going there! :biggrin:

ALSO: We now have a Fb page, so whether you're an applicant or you've firmed Exeter at Penryn, you're welcome to chat here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UoEPenrynCampusOH2015/356168871241018/?notif_t=group_activity
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm applying here :')

Form should be sent by Monday.

Applying for Zoology! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by deeferdog
Hi, I'm applying here :')

Form should be sent by Monday.

Applying for Zoology! :smile:

Woo :smile: Good luck with it! Where else have you applied?
Original post by CloudedSilver
Woo :smile: Good luck with it! Where else have you applied?

Exeter (Streatham) for Biological science

LJMU for zoology w/ a year in industry

Queens Belfast for zoology w/ a year in industry

Newcastle for zoology

But Cornwall is still my top choice! :smile:

Will you be going on an offer holder day?
Original post by deeferdog
Exeter (Streatham) for Biological science

LJMU for zoology w/ a year in industry

Queens Belfast for zoology w/ a year in industry

Newcastle for zoology

But Cornwall is still my top choice! :smile:

Will you be going on an offer holder day?

Ahh cool! The zoology facilities did look really good at Cornwall, and I've heard loads of good stuff about the course :smile: I'm not going on an offer holder day as Falmouth is a 5 hour trip for me and I've already been to two open days. It'd be nice to go, but the travel is really pricey! Are you going to one? :smile:
Ahh cool! The zoology facilities did look really good at Cornwall, and I've heard loads of good stuff about the course :smile: I'm not going on an offer holder day as Falmouth is a 5 hour trip for me and I've already been to two open days. It'd be nice to go, but the travel is really pricey! Are you going to one? :smile:

Hopefully, if I get an offer! I'm coming from about 7/8 hours away (north east) and that's the only thing putting me off at the minute :frown:
Hi guys. Offer for Zoology with Study Abroad. Cornwall is definitely my favourite choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a confirmed place for English with a year abroad.
Going to visit it next week :smile: Its just so far! I'm in oxford so its a bit of trek, especially by public transport ..but hopefully it'll be worth it :biggrin:
Hey guys, I'm in my first year in Cornwall if you have any questions!
Original post by jequestrian

ahhhh thank you! (i have a few..sorry! :colondollar:) What is the nightlife like/ what do people do in the evenings? also i've heard that you can opt for a quiet flat..but what is the other option? and what are the people like? ohhhh and does it get boring living in cornwall?

I don't know how far you have to travel yourself, but if you have long train journeys, do you find them ok? I'd have to travel up to Birmingham which involves about 3 changes and that's not something I'm very used to :P Also, was it easy to settle in? Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Kingsley L Hunt
Hi guys. Offer for Zoology with Study Abroad. Cornwall is definitely my favourite choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo Zoology! Congrats on your offer :smile:
I don't know how far you have to travel yourself, but if you have long train journeys, do you find them ok? I'd have to travel up to Birmingham which involves about 3 changes and that's not something I'm very used to :P Also, was it easy to settle in? Thank you :biggrin:

It takes me about 5 1/2 hours on the train with 2/3 changes depending on which route I'm going on. I've only done it twice since I've been here and it isn't brilliant, but I usually take my laptop and crack on with some work, or sleep so the time soon passes!

It took me a good month to settle in, if not longer. That was probably because I have never been away from home before and was leaving my family, boyfriend and animals behind. But everyone here is so lovely, that if I ever felt lonely just going to lectures with friends helped. The tutors are very supportive too as they know how people may struggle. I feel very settled now and am loving it! :biggrin:
It takes me about 5 1/2 hours on the train with 2/3 changes depending on which route I'm going on. I've only done it twice since I've been here and it isn't brilliant, but I usually take my laptop and crack on with some work, or sleep so the time soon passes!

It took me a good month to settle in, if not longer. That was probably because I have never been away from home before and was leaving my family, boyfriend and animals behind. But everyone here is so lovely, that if I ever felt lonely just going to lectures with friends helped. The tutors are very supportive too as they know how people may struggle. I feel very settled now and am loving it! :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin: It's around the same time for me journey wise too, although I'm ok with the time aspect of train journeys, it's more so the train changes as I'd be terrified of missing my train or getting the wrong one haha!

I'm the same too, I've never been away from home much and I'm a bit apprehensive about it, but it's good to hear that you settled in and that everyone is really friendly - that's definitely the impression I got on the open day, so I'm glad it's a true one! :smile:
If you're applying to Exeter Cornish campus or have an offer, feel free to chat here! I've got an offer for English (haven't accepted it yet) I'd love to hear from other folk who are thinking of or are going there! :biggrin:

:wavey:

I've stuck this thread for you :hat2:

Good luck with everything!
Original post by She-Ra
:wavey:

I've stuck this thread for you :hat2:

Good luck with everything!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Is everybody coming from quite far away? I'm in the NE, so about a 7/8 hour trip
I'm from the NE and applied to Exeter as well, but for Conservation Biology and Ecology :biggrin:
I'm from the West Mids, so if I went it'd be about a 5 hour journey. I'm a bit worried about that, I'm not massively used to catching trains! I'm guessing there'd be other folk traveling north though so you'd maybe be able to travel with a friend :P
Application has finally gone! :biggrin:

The only thing I'm bothered about is the train prices tbh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending