The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The University of Leeds
The University of Leicester
Sheffield Hallam University
Sussex is ABB, I've applied there :biggrin: (but for Law with American Studies)
Northumbria is one of the best you will find, and some ppl only get BBB offers (i know someone who did).
Snemapy
Hi, I was just wondering what people thought would be a good back up uni, i.e. one with offers of about abb? I know Hull and Keele have this and just wanted to know what everyone thinks of these unis and which one is better as I am a tad confused... Thanks for any help :smile:

My advice is do a degree other than law. As you won't get a job in the field with your grades and prospective universities.
Reply 5
RanchmanNukes
My advice is do a degree other than law. As you won't get a job in the field with your grades and prospective universities.

^o) ;rant; Please Leave.

Northumbria will be one of your best choices.
Who is that guy, what a stupid clown.
Reply 7
RanchmanNukes

Tool. :rolleyes:
kent? leicester offers are aab not abb
Reply 9
sussex are aab-abb and are gettin more highly sought after spesh with thie small school of 180.

umm yeh Northumbria ABB
Kent ABB (with general studies)
Aberystwyth 340 (but with gen stud also)
Reply 10
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Who is that guy, what a stupid clown.

lol the guy is at uni of york, which means he isnt even doin law!
Reply 11
Hey, thanks so much for all the replies guys. Hadn't expected quite so many lol. To 'RanchmanNukes,' whoever you are, as much as I appreciate my grades are clearly appalling and my university choices, dire your comment was most useful and I am now fully intending on doing my best to avoid York.
Anyway, back to the suggestions, I have heard Northumbria is a good choice so shall look more into that one :smile: As for Kent, what are peoples opinions of there? As it's not somewhere I've heard much about for law but am definitely interested.

Thanks so much for the quick responses guys. Having a bit of a 'wah! I have no idea where to apply to uni' moment :biggrin: lol.
Snemapy
Hey, thanks so much for all the replies guys. Hadn't expected quite so many lol. To 'RanchmanNukes,' whoever you are, as much as I appreciate my grades are clearly appalling and my university choices, dire your comment was most useful and I am now fully intending on doing my best to avoid York.
Anyway, back to the suggestions, I have heard Northumbria is a good choice so shall look more into that one :smile: As for Kent, what are peoples opinions of there? As it's not somewhere I've heard much about for law but am definitely interested.

Thanks so much for the quick responses guys. Having a bit of a 'wah! I have no idea where to apply to uni' moment :biggrin: lol.

As of yet, York don't offer Law. So you needn't worry.
Reply 13
Also, Sussex? That is somewhere I had not yet considered... Interesting...
*adds to list of unis to research further*

Thank you :smile:

Oh and I'm already applying to Leicester, looks good :smile:
kent was my insurance choice.

i was imprssed with the law department itself. when you go to th eopen day the do tend to go about computers and things, but thats because they are 1 of the few to record all lectures and put them online. they also have the law clinic. i think that it is often a disregarded uni. go have a look and make up a decision of your own. i woud have been completely happy if i hadn't got into leicester.
oh and leicester is great.. yes i am biased but hey. :p:
Reply 16
Kent is one of those places that gets forgotten about because it is so far to the othe rside of London so many non londoners do not apply there (half the time because they didnt even know it existed lol, i know half of my class had never heard of it and when i showed them where it was it became clear, to many people it is really out of the way lol its not especially on its way to anywhere (withiin England anyway)
Uploading lectures is not necessarily a good thing, encourages you to not attend!!
Kent was my first choice originally but I chose a uni closer to home, my college tutor recommended it though
Reply 19
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Uploading lectures is not necessarily a good thing, encourages you to not attend!!

I was thinking that, with every lecture online really what is the point of EVER going becuase you wont miss a single thing, espec as they also upload handouts, perfect!

Latest

Trending

Trending