The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Offer Holders 2015 Entry

Hey guys! Congratulations on your offers for Sheffield, or if you're still waiting for your offer/decision, good luck! :crossedf:
I just received an offer (AAB) for Politics.

I thought it would be a good idea to make this tread for some of us to get to know each other before hand... Feel free to post anything!!! :beer:

Scroll to see replies

BSc Economics AAB......I'm so excited!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Awesome! Are you moving out or commuting?
Original post by NCHOWD
Awesome! Are you moving out or commuting?

I live in Northern Ireland so I will be staying in university accommodation. Wbu?
Reply 4
Same here. I live in Surrey so I'll be living in halls first year. I've seen the accommodation, it looks really good.
Original post by NCHOWD
Same here. I live in Surrey so I'll be living in halls first year. I've seen the accommodation, it looks really good.

I have an offer holders open day in February, so I get to look at the accommodation then.
Reply 6
Nice, sound good. Did you book it on the website?
Original post by NCHOWD
Nice, sound good. Did you book it on the website?

I received an email a few days after I received my offer which had a link that took me to the open day booking page for Economics. I then received my itinerary a week later in the mail.
Hi, I'm a first year at Sheffield, if anyone has any questions give me a quote/PM! :smile:
Reply 9
bump
Reply 10
Got an offer for BA Business Management :smile:
Reply 11
Me too! My offer just came in :biggrin:
Reply 12
What is included in the itinerary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NCHOWD
What is included in the itinerary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Experience Sheffield Exhibition 10:00-13:00
Economics at Sheffield Lecture 13:00-14:15
Q&A Session with Lecturers 14:15-14:50
Economics Taster Lecture 14:50-15:20
Endcliffe Village Tour. 15:20-16:30
Reply 14
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Hi, I'm a first year at Sheffield, if anyone has any questions give me a quote/PM! :smile:

Hey I'm going to Sheffield to study Ba Politics and was wondering if I'd be able to pick up a minor such as economics just to add some depth. It doesn't really specify on the website :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NCHOWD
Hey I'm going to Sheffield to study Ba Politics and was wondering if I'd be able to pick up a minor such as economics just to add some depth. It doesn't really specify on the website :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct as I don't have the option on my course, but unless it's specified as a separate course it wouldn't be an official 'minor', but if you have any unrestricted modules at any point on your course you can choose to fill these with whatever you like and you can list these modules on your CV :smile:
Hey I've just received an ABB offer for law with criminology woo excited. Haven't been to look around yet, what's it like? Any information is useful! Thanks xx
just received an offer: 35 (IB) for Economics and Politics :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by helpmeplease96
Hey I've just received an ABB offer for law with criminology woo excited. Haven't been to look around yet, what's it like? Any information is useful! Thanks xx

Congrats on your offer, when did you send your application?
Original post by rkhan57
Congrats on your offer, when did you send your application?

Thursday evening :smile: got it Friday afternoon. What are you applying for x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending