The Student Room Group

So , who has seen KSI's flat ?

[video="youtube;9eHKWqYAtzI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eHKWqYAtzI[/video]

I'm not big on youtubers and only use youtube for watching music videos , movie trailers or the odd funny viral clip .

This youtuber , who is quite a big name on the site has about 7 million subscribers whereas PewdiePie has about 30million if what ive read is correct.

Anyway he makes quite a bit of money from uploading videos and is renting out the penthouse seen in the above link.

The Youtube comment section is full of people hating on him and criticising the fact that he is able to make a lot of money from making silly videos . I think people need to understand that getting rich doesn't equate with being smart and working hard , most of the really rich got there by having a genius idea or exploiting an opening somewhere in society . You can be a master of a subject and still earn a mediocre salary , if you want to be rich then quit working hard and invest time in a lucrative idea .

Though im not big on youtubers and would hate the idea of documenting my life or acting stupid to earn money , good on him for being smart enough and likeable enough to end up where he is .

Youtube won't last for ever but if he is smart enough the money he has earned could set him up for life.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

His apartment is nice but I have to go vomit from that motion sickness.
Original post by ParadiseFound
[video="youtube;9eHKWqYAtzI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eHKWqYAtzI[/video]

I'm not big on youtubers and only use youtube for watching music videos , movie trailers or the odd funny viral clip .

This youtuber , who is quite a big name on the site has about 7 million subscribers whereas PewdiePie has about 30million if what ive read is correct.

Anyway he makes quite a bit of money from uploading videos and is renting out the penthouse seen in the above link.

The Youtube comment section is full of people hating on him and criticising the fact that he is able to make a lot of money from making silly videos . I think people need to understand that getting rich doesn't equate with being smart and working hard , most of the really rich got there by having a genius idea or exploiting an opening somewhere in society . You can be a master of a subject and still earn a mediocre salary , if you want to be rich then quit working hard and invest time in a lucrative idea .

Though im not big on youtubers and would hate the idea of documenting my life or acting stupid to earn money , good on him for being smart enough and likeable enough to end up where he is .

Youtube won't last for ever but if he is smart enough the money he has earned could set him up for life.

Holy... O_O
Mirin. Anyone know how much he earns exactly? :smile:
Reply 4
People commenting giving him hate for his wealth, despite the only reason he has that money is because people choose to watch him

I'm not a fan of KSI I don't personally find him funny, but hating on him for that is just a joke. People find him funny, and he makes money from it. Not like he's robbing orphans for it or making Frankie Boyle-esque jokes... (Although I do love Frankie)
I never really understood the obsession people have with him. KSI is not funny and so unlikable.

I can see why people like Pewdiepie though. I'm not subbed to him and I don't watch all of his videos, but some of his videos I've seen are funny and he is a likable guy.
He earns between 20.8K and 166K a month, which continues to rise. Averaging 1.6 gbp per 1000 views. Flat probably costs like 10K a month to rent haha. Penthouse in one of tallest residential buildings in Europe in London; One of the most expensive places to live.
I'm not a big fan of any youtubers and don't go around subscribing and watching channels religiously. It is viewers who pay his wages, nothing to do with me. Good on him and everyone else making money from making videos!
I think it's bradford, east London, surprisingly the apartments there are really nice and for a fair price. The stadium he mentioned in the video I think is the olympic one or something?
for a 3 bedroom apartment (not a penthouse) is about 700-800 a week at most expensive, per person that's £233. I don't know who if anyone's sharing with him, but that's a family sized sweet apartment.
assuming its 700 a week (honestly there are 700 ones that are MUCH nicer, but not as high up)
that's 35k a year just on rent, let's assume 45k a year just for the sake of comfort.
I think considering he's worked at it for 4 years that's a cracking example of progress for a 21 year old.
props to KSI.
Mate, it's one of the tallest residential buildings in Europe and he has the penthouse... It will be more along the lines of 2000 a week than 700.
Reply 10
Truuue
I think some of his videos are hilarious and intelligence isn't defined by academic status alone. I'd say he is very intelligent. He stuck with something he is passionate about and pursued it. He noticed a gap in the market whereby he could make money out of his passion and chose to go down that route. Since then he's taken on loads of deals and endorsements and rather than fade away, he's gone from strength to strength so he definitely has some strength and business/entrepreneurial acumen upstairs.

I think people are far too quick to assume that because he's black, speaks in the way he does and acts in the way he does, that he was just another person that got lucky. Of course there would have been a degree of luck involved but that is the same for millions of people who get their break. A bit harsh to single him out for that. I think he's done extremely well for himself and good luck to him. Quite a few times his videos have had me in hysterics so I hope he does do well because he obviously puts a lot of time into his work.
The apartment was listed for 4k a month. He makes 60k from his YouTube per month, 30k per month from his coin sponser (Wroetoshaw gets 60k), 35k from his clothing line, and a further 30k from others such as endorsements, BT Sports appearances, Copa 90 appearances etc.
whatever he speaks just sounds like yeti yelling
When I think of KSI I think of darude Sandstorm. He's made a life for himself even if it's from uploading stupid videos.
I think a lot of people think hes worth a lot more that he actually is. To be fair nobody knows his net worth but his penthouse isnt in central london... its in stratford and it is featured here http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-43383353.html. Not as expensive as you guys speculated eh?
Who is ksi
Jealous Ones Still Envy... Angry to see a young black man making it, why dont you go criticise the other youtuners also making it
Original post by ParadiseFound

Never heard of him or Pewdiepie.
The money made from creating YouTube videos is all above board, they've found something that appeals to an audience and earned money from it, there's nothing wrong with that. It's the same strategy with every other media outlet, while some may think his videos are stupid, many clearly enjoy them, enough for him to earn enough money to pay for things without relying on others. Good on him tbh

Quick Reply

Latest