The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Finance Imperial College 2015 Entry

I just wanted to start this thread for people who have applied and those who will in the near future. Please share you profile and status of you application. Thank you, I am looking forward to hearing from you all.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey. I am in the process of applying for a masters in Finance at Imperial. I have a question: how long is your personal statement? Mine is 2 pages single spaced. Is that too long? How exactly do we fill the mathematics experience statement?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Bewaji
Hey. I am in the process of applying for a masters in Finance at Imperial. I have a question: how long is your personal statement? Mine is 2 pages single spaced. Is that too long? How exactly do we fill the mathematics experience statement?

My personal statement is about the same length as yours (2 pages single space) and for the mathematical experience, I simply wrote a brief summary of the maths courses I took at university with their components (I probably did it wrong haha)

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Reply 3
I would like to apply for Ms in Finance in Imperial College and my profile is as follows:

Major: Business Administration/Finance GPA:3.87 / 4.00 - Highest in Department and Faculty
Minor: Economics, GPA:3.67

Numerous extracurricular activities. 4 internships, one in my country's stock exchange, one in the banking department of Central Bank and one in Erasmus Internship Program.

34th out of 1.5 million students in university entrance exam. One of the references is from former Central Bank Governor who is also instructor in finance department and one reference from associate professor in Business Ad. Department but not teaching finance.

My question is: What are my chances to be accepted for this program and is getting a reference letter from a instructor who was former Central Bank Governor rather than a finance professor a downside?

Thank you in advance.
Reply 4
Hey Guys,
I was about to start the application but I do not see the subject while selecting the course on the first page.The closest it comes to MSc Finance is

Mathematics and Finance (MSc 1YFT) |G1U4|2|SK|FT|AC
Mathematics and Finance (MSc 2YPT) |G1U424|2|SK|PT|AC

I am not sure if it is the same as MSc Finance.Please help I feel like an idiot asking this but there is no way out.
Reply 5
HI.I am applying to msc investment and wealth management.
I have done Bachelors in Financial Markets from HR college,Mumbai University.I didnt have Maths as a core subject but have done a lot of quant studies in Derivatives,Acoounts ,Corporate Finance,etc.
Do you guys think I meet the min quant requirements of the course?PLS REPLY ASAP. Deadline is in 3 days:frown:
Reply 6
Hey Hazel
I think you should be fine.You can submit your GMAT or GRE scores to show them your quantitative strength in case you feel doubtful.
Reply 7
Hi karan5.Umm i havent appeared for GMAT/GRE.also, how many words is your personal statement of?(approximately).Mine is around 800 words.I guess its exceeding the requred word limit.
Reply 8
Since you are submitting your transcripts I believe you should be fine.
As for SoP in MSc finance there was not a word limit that was mentioned I believe I went all the way to 1500 words.
Reply 9
How long should the maths experience statement be? What do you suggest to include?

I will apply to accounting and finance and msc in finance. A&C first round due in 14 January and Finance second round due in February. To increase my chances to be accepted for one of them, does not matter, which one do you suggest to select first choice?
does anyone receive an offer yet?
Reply 11
Did anyone get through Msc Finance or Investment and Wealth Management 2015 -16?
How long do they usually take to communicate the final result?I submitted my application on 14th january!
Also, i have a gpa of 7/7 but made a slight mistake in my CV.What are the chances of an outright reject?
I have handed in the application on 5th Jan and still haven't received any update from them. Has anyone received offer for MSc Finance course??
Got an offer for MSc Finance, anyone else? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by kilojoule
Got an offer for MSc Finance, anyone else? :smile:

Could you share your profile? Do you have gmat/gre?
Original post by kdrdmrc
Could you share your profile? Do you have gmat/gre?

Undergraduate engineering degree in the UK, first class expected, one front office bulge-bracket banking internship, GRE with >90th percentile Q.

Have you applied yet? Hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 16
I will apply as soon as possible. I am from Turkey, 4th year finance undergraduate with GPA:3.87/4.0. I am concerned about GMAT or GRE score I do not have. Also applied LSE, Warwick and King's.
Anyone applying for the 23rd of February deadline?
Anyone apply for MSc investment wealth management? Any decision? Offer or rejection?
Reply 19
Original post by Rachel1012
Anyone apply for MSc investment wealth management? Any decision? Offer or rejection?

Applied but no reply so far. Have you gotten any response?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending