The Student Room Group

Unable to smile/look at girls

I was wondering if anyone has this problem. I am physically unable to get myself to show interest in girls in public, for example:

- I can't bring myself to genuinely smile at someone, without make a half fake-smile which looks forced and awkward
- My default facial expression is quite serious, but I'm pretty friendly on the inside
- I can't bring myself to look at a girl I'm interested in to show my interest, because I'm paranoid that other people (i.e. in the station) will notice and think I'm pathetic.

How do I get out of this :frown:
Reply 1
I think just start talking about something that you're interested in and break the ice with a casual approach...I think you should get involved in clubs and society to get over your nervousness and make friends :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering if anyone has this problem. I am physically unable to get myself to show interest in girls in public, for example:

- I can't bring myself to genuinely smile at someone, without make a half fake-smile which looks forced and awkward
- My default facial expression is quite serious, but I'm pretty friendly on the inside
- I can't bring myself to look at a girl I'm interested in to show my interest, because I'm paranoid that other people (i.e. in the station) will notice and think I'm pathetic.

How do I get out of this :frown:

This is how I am with everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending