The Student Room Group

University GCSE requirements

Hi,
I've become interested in engineering in the past few weeks and I've been looking at foundation years. The problem is most courses require physics GCSE grade B, I got a grade c. My units were:
P1: A
P2: B
P3: U - Don't know what happened
ISA - A

I was wondering as my UMS was so close to a B the universities would be lenient on the matter as long as I got my a levels.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you not retake the U?
I believe if you get an A in that subject for AS it would be taken into consideration your unexpected GCSE result
Original post by AidanB98
Hi,
I've become interested in engineering in the past few weeks and I've been looking at foundation years. The problem is most courses require physics GCSE grade B, I got a grade c. My units were:
P1: A
P2: B
P3: U - Don't know what happened
ISA - A

I was wondering as my UMS was so close to a B the universities would be lenient on the matter as long as I got my a levels.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. I got a B in additional science and C in core science. Also got a B in maths.

I'm in my A2 year of Maths, Physics and Business studies. I've applied for the Manchester engineering foundation year, (no reply yet).

I didn't meet the entry requirements for A level physics but I spoke to the head of Physics and managed to convince him!
If you can get an A level in any science, I doubt they'll look at your GCSES :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending