The Student Room Group

What do you study at university and do you enjoy it?

Also, which university do you go to?

Scroll to see replies

English Literature at the Open university, transferring to a full time institution in September 2015; love it :smile:
Graphic Design & Multimedia - University of Worcester, Year 2.

Very time demanding and intense but I like my course - yes. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lydiafoof

games design and development, Manchester metropolitan university, not enjoying it, its just bearable. What about you OP?
Original post by lydiafoof

History/social sciences. Bangor.

I enjoy the history aspect way more because I have more freedom to tailor my education to what my interests are and I sometimes get annoyed by the philosophical questions related to the social sciences.
Original post by heyoka
games design and development, Manchester metropolitan university, not enjoying it, its just bearable. What about you OP?

What don't you like about it? Is it the place or the course?
Reply 6
Biology, University of Leeds, loathe it but I can get decent grades if I try - it's only three years, I may as well get a degree.
Reply 7
Original post by TwoLimes
What don't you like about it? Is it the place or the course?

both, the course is more programming than the arts side of it i just chose the wrong course, i stayed in Manchester and lived at home, but ive realized its not what i wanted from the beginning, i decided i wanted a change so im trying to get a transfer for next year at a different university, the actual course and city are actually quite good its just not what i wanted.
Mathematics, Newcastle. Love it.
Reply 9
Surfing

Dartmouth

No.
Environmental scientist at Plymouth. I absolutely love it. I often come out of the lectures full of angst, which I feel is a good thing, as it makes me think that I've picked the right subject and means I'm eager to make a change (which is all I want- to contribute towards making this planet a better place, for humanity and the biosphere!)
Accountancy at BCU - Not a fan at all of the place but the course is good and thorough
University of Manchester
Medicine
I love it
Psychology at City university London. Love it :biggrin:
Reply 14
History at Essex. I'm now beginning to enjoy the course as the topics to come are more interesting than at the start, so that's cool :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by heyoka

Im not at uni yet
I do Law at Uni of Nottingham, it's great but intense
French, Spanish and German at Newcastle. I really like it :smile:
Reply 18
1st year doing BA/BSc Geography at university of exeter (cornwall campus) i do really enjoy it, the modules are interesting and i have mostly great lecturers. the only part i don't enjoy is the stats module cause i have almost no background in stats at all and the lecturer i have for it never seems to reply to my emails when i need to ask for guidance :frown:
Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh :smile: I love the course as I find it so interesting studying the human past and getting to interpret evidence to see what life was like in the past and how it changed/developed from 2.5 million years ago to the present day! There is also such as wide variety of topics you can take classes in when you get to 3rd/4rth year with people teaching them who are major experts in their field. Plus the university is great and I love being in the city centre; I love the countryside around my home-town but it makes a nice change being here!

Quick Reply

Latest