The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor uni 2015

Just got an offer from Bangor uni for electronic engineering.
Anyone else??
Reply 1
I am gonna apply there with Comp Sci...I heard it's an awesome place to live :biggrin:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by a9493r
I am gonna apply there with Comp Sci...I heard it's an awesome place to live :biggrin:

Yes indeed it looks a really nice city. Bngor is a good uni for the course. Hopefully I am going to put it as my firm.
Original post by a9493r

Original post by Bigbang13
Yes indeed it looks a really nice city. Bngor is a good uni for the course. Hopefully I am going to put it as my firm.

It is! Check the 'ask a current student' thread if you want any questions answering!
Reply 4
Original post by a9493r

Cool are you applying for 2015??
what's your name?
Reply 5
I applied for Psychology 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received my acknowledgement email :frown: spoke to 2 others on TSR who have applied for the same course and one girl received her acknowledgement email after a few days while the boy who already received his offer claims that he never got an acknowledgement email :/
Original post by Lilyghz
I applied for Psychology 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received my acknowledgement email :frown: spoke to 2 others on TSR who have applied for the same course and one girl received her acknowledgement email after a few days while the boy who already received his offer claims that he never got an acknowledgement email :/

Try to relax. You'll get a response soon! Bangor were very quick with giving me an offer... Less than a month :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by EloiseStar
Try to relax. You'll get a response soon! Bangor were very quick with giving me an offer... Less than a month :smile:

Sure, thanks :smile: what course have you applied for?
Original post by Lilyghz
Sure, thanks :smile: what course have you applied for?

I'm a second year at Bangor. If you have any questions about university/student life please check out the 'ask a current student' thread!
Reply 9
Original post by EloiseStar
I'm a second year at Bangor. If you have any questions about university/student life please check out the 'ask a current student' thread!

Hows the night life?? Is Bangor uni diverse ?? How's the living cost like for shopping and stuff?
Hows the night life?? Is Bangor uni diverse ?? How's the living cost like for shopping and stuff?

Not that I can give you a totally reliable answer on the night life since I don't really go out much, but there are a lot of people that love to go out most of the time. Most people choose to go to either Academi or Peep. There is a Varsity too but not sure if thats a club to be honest. I heard Revive is shut now?

If you're like me and don't bother with clubbing then there are sooo many pubs to go to, both in upper and lower Bangor. Mostly a nice chill time there. Belle Vue and Greek are pretty cosy.

Bangor is VERY diverse. So many different people all coming together from all over the place.

Cost of living is generally pretty low, especially compared to the rest of the UK. I mean, I wouldn't know too much about the cost of going out since I don't drink, but I hear places do deals on some nights.

When it comes to shopping I choose to shop at Morrison's since its the closest to Fridd site. Compared to Aldi and other places it can be more expensive, but they often have deals on stuff. I am a real sucker for their hot food meal deals.

Like other poster, I don't drink but drinks seem cheap at theres lots of places to go.

Very diverse!

Very cheap! A lot of questions are answered on the sticky 'ask a current student' thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest