The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Apparently you can top up your miles by exchanging your club card points like £2.50 gives 625....more info at-

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=2179&allReviews=true
Original post by Brandss
I've had insurance with Tesco for about 4 months now and I was wondering how to maximize the amount of bonus miles I get per month! I have been getting around 36 each month and was wondering how do you drive that makes you get more?? Thanks for anyone who replies!

Hi, you're the first other person I've found who is with Tesco! To begin with I got between 95-99 miles per month, but now it's gone down to about 70ish. Having 36/100 bonus miles a month to me shows that you're not really driving that safely.. You need to totally stick to the speed limits in order to get as many as possible. If you log on to your online portal and click on the different categories then it tells you what you can do to get as many as possible!

It really is worth trying to drive as safely as possible. My first year with Tesco was £2000, now it's been reduced to just less than £700 - it's definitely worth it!
Reply 3
Original post by daisystones
Hi, you're the first other person I've found who is with Tesco! To begin with I got between 95-99 miles per month, but now it's gone down to about 70ish. Having 36/100 bonus miles a month to me shows that you're not really driving that safely.. You need to totally stick to the speed limits in order to get as many as possible. If you log on to your online portal and click on the different categories then it tells you what you can do to get as many as possible!

It really is worth trying to drive as safely as possible. My first year with Tesco was £2000, now it's been reduced to just less than £700 - it's definitely worth it!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I suppose, thing is though I can't avoid driving at peak times between 5-6 because that's when I travel to work! Roughly how fast do you drive in 30's and on the motorway? Over the past month I've been driving my best and waiting to see when the portal updates how many miles ive got!
Original post by Brandss
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I suppose, thing is though I can't avoid driving at peak times between 5-6 because that's when I travel to work! Roughly how fast do you drive in 30's and on the motorway? Over the past month I've been driving my best and waiting to see when the portal updates how many miles ive got!

I drive in peak times most days and it doesn't have an impact on mine! It is pretty unreliable! In a 30 I will try my hardest to stick to 30mph, sometimes I'll stray up to about 33mph.. And it pays off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by daisystones
I drive in peak times most days and it doesn't have an impact on mine! It is pretty unreliable! In a 30 I will try my hardest to stick to 30mph, sometimes I'll stray up to about 33mph.. And it pays off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to let you know from October to November I got 66 bonus miles! Such an improvement from last months haha
Reply 6
wtf is "bonus miles"?

Can't understand all you folks getting excited about paying 2 grand to insure a little 1 point bugger all ****box either.
Get yourself a morris minor for a year, learn how a rear wheel drive car handles and earn a years NCB then go buy your ****box if you really must.
hi, I was just wondering does anyone know why it doesnt let me access my online portal. Ive had my insurance with tescobank box for 3 months. i havent checked it for a while and now its saying i dont have a quote. i have the documents saved about my insurance policy but why wont it come on the actual portal etc? has this ever happened to anyone? help
Just a problem with the website their trying to fix it.
Reply 9
Hey I'm also wanting to take a new policy with these, I'm collecting my car next week and need to be insured! How quickly am I insured once I contact them and make my deposit? Do I have to wait for the black box to be installed before I'm covered? And how fussy are they on the process with documents and things is it all pretty straight forward??
Reply 10
Nah mate you’re covered as soon as you place your deposit. Tesco’s quite good tbf, been with them for 3 months now and been getting around 85 miles each month and I never stick to the speed limit, came off the motorway and forgot I was in a 30 zone and did 60 and they never bothered
Reply 11
Original post by dzm07
Nah mate you’re covered as soon as you place your deposit. Tesco’s quite good tbf, been with them for 3 months now and been getting around 85 miles each month and I never stick to the speed limit, came off the motorway and forgot I was in a 30 zone and did 60 and they never bothered

What a cavalier attitude you have towards your lawbreaking!
Reply 12
Original post by dzm07

Keep dreaming, your car probably can't do 60
Reply 13
You’d be surprised ********😂I’ve got a golf 2.0, need to change it thought cause the insurance is mad
Reply 14
Original post by IWMTom
What a cavalier attitude you have towards your lawbreaking!

It’s not really on purpose because obviously in the first week of driving before the black box comes, everyone takes advantage, mine took a month to come so I just got used to it, I try to stick to it but if you read the monthly progress report it states that you should be driving a safe speed according to the road you’re on. If you slow down on say a narrow national speed limit road like say to about 40 that goes in your favor
Original post by dzm07
It’s not really on purpose because obviously in the first week of driving before the black box comes, everyone takes advantage, mine took a month to come so I just got used to it, I try to stick to it but if you read the monthly progress report it states that you should be driving a safe speed according to the road you’re on. If you slow down on say a narrow national speed limit road like say to about 40 that goes in your favor

I don't think everyone takes advantage, you aren't magically off the hook because you don't have a box installed, there's still primitive old tech methods like 'Police' and personally, sod getting my nice new license yoinked away/ruined for speeding.

Surely the issue with box insurance is that if you speed, ever, they can pull the insurance pretty much whenever they feel like it?
Reply 16
Original post by dzm07

Please, tell me what serious head injury you received in the past that makes you think doing 60mph in a 30mph zone is okay.
Can we not do this on a 4 yr old topic lads.
Reply 18
Original post by IWMTom
Please, tell me what serious head injury you received in the past that makes you think doing 60mph in a 30mph zone is okay.

Never said I thought it was okay, it was an accident. As soon as I saw it said 30 I slowed really right down. I had just come off the motorway and I probably missed the sign
Reply 19
Original post by StriderHort
I don't think everyone takes advantage, you aren't magically off the hook because you don't have a box installed, there's still primitive old tech methods like 'Police' and personally, sod getting my nice new license yoinked away/ruined for speeding.

Surely the issue with box insurance is that if you speed, ever, they can pull the insurance pretty much whenever they feel like it?

That’s why I always check the portal. If I have a single yellow I will change the way I drive but so far everything has been green. Don’t want the insurance taken away so wouldn’t do anything too stupid intentionally as I’d lose about a £550 deposit.

Latest