The Student Room Group

Am I fat?

I'm 5'1 and weigh 110 lbs (50kg). Is that too fat?

Scroll to see replies

Don't be ridiculous.
I'm 5.6" and weigh around 55kg. I'm below average I'd say. You might be slightly on the bigger side. But not fat.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Don't be ridiculous.

Lol. Does that mean its normal size?
Reply 4
Original post by Adeel Ali
I'm 5.6" and weigh around 55kg. I'm below average I'd say. You might be slightly on the bigger side. But not fat.

I'm a girl btw.
You can't deduce that from weight alone, as that doesn't take into consideration how much muscle mass you may have :smile:
I'm a girl btw.

And?
Reply 7
You have a BMI of around 20, so in the normal range.

Overweight? No.

Healthy? I couldn't tell you.
Reply 8
Original post by abbiemac
You can't deduce that from weight alone, as that doesn't take into consideration how much muscle mass you may have :smile:

How do I work that out?
Reply 9
And?

Men and women have different average BMI etc..and from your sign I'm assuming your a guy which means your average BMI would be different from mine. So you can't really compare yours with mine. Plus, you said you're 5'6 and I'm only 5'1,so what might be average for you, might not be average for me. :smile:
Original post by Cerdic
You have a BMI of around 20, so in the normal range.

Overweight? No.

Healthy? I couldn't tell you.

Ahh alright. :smile:

what do you mean you 'couldn't tell' me ?
Men and women have different average BMI etc..and from your sign I'm assuming your a guy which means your average BMI would be different from mine. So you can't really compare yours with mine. Plus, you said you're 5'6 and I'm only 5'1,so what might be average for you, might not be average for me. :smile:

Ahh! I didn't know that!
Thank you!
Ahh alright. :smile:

what do you mean you 'couldn't tell' me ?

For example if your fit. You might be average weight however you still may be unhealthy due to lack of exercise etc.
Ahh! I didn't know that!
Thank you!

Lol Its okay. At first, I was like I'm way goo fat then but then I realised you're a guy.
For example if your fit. You might be average weight however you still may be unhealthy due to lack of exercise etc.

Oh so basically the difference between a fit and a normal looking body.

No! I'm 5"2 and I'm 53! I look way too skinny 🙈

No.

I'm 4"10 and weigh 56kg, could do to lose abit of weight though so I'm at about 52kg.
Reply 17
Definitely not, not even by BMI standards.
Do you look fat?
yes. That's fat. you should lose some weight. you're about 153 cm. so your weight should be... around 43 kg. (153-110)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply