The Student Room Group

Keep needing the toilet at night. Whats wrong with me??

I go at night but when I get in bed I l keep getting up and needing to go, and I cant sleep:frown:

Whats wrong is this serious?!
It's impossible to diagnose anything over the Internet. It could be a UTI, or it could be something else. It's best to go see your GP and explain your symptoms.
Original post by Anonymous
I go at night but when I get in bed I l keep getting up and needing to go, and I cant sleep:frown:

Whats wrong is this serious?!

Do you go to the toilet before you actually go to sleep? Do you drink tea, coffee or any caffeinated drinks before you go to bed? Try and cut these things out and see if that improves anything. If not, then see your GP as it sounds like a UTI. I had the exact same symptoms where I kept urinating in the night and felt like I needed to go even when I didnt have to. Do not worry it is quite common :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by x-Venezia-x
Do you go to the toilet before you actually go to sleep? Do you drink tea, coffee or any caffeinated drinks before you go to bed? Try and cut these things out and see if that improves anything. If not, then see your GP as it sounds like a UTI. I had the exact same symptoms where I kept urinating in the night and felt like I needed to go even when I didnt have to. Do not worry it is quite common :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do because I feel myself needing to go. No I only drink warm milk at night. Oh no, is UTI bad?

thanks
UTIs are easily cleared up with antibiotics.
Have you always been like this or is it a very recent thing.

Do you have any problems like stinging when you pee or feeling the urge to go but not much coming out when you do?
If not, it probably isn't a UTI

Do you pee a lot during the day as well? It might help to not have anything to drink less than 2-3 hours before going to bed.

-
are you drinking a lot or thirsty more often, or losing weight, or hungrier more, or tired more than usual? I'd see the gp just to check its nothing.
Reply 7
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Have you always been like this or is it a very recent thing.

Do you have any problems like stinging when you pee or feeling the urge to go but not much coming out when you do?
If not, it probably isn't a UTI

Do you pee a lot during the day as well? It might help to not have anything to drink less than 2-3 hours before going to bed. -

Its recent.

No I dont have any of those problems.

And no I go toilet like at 7 in the morning and then probably go at 10 or 11 in the night

Original post by thisisme!
are you drinking a lot or thirsty more often, or losing weight, or hungrier more, or tired more than usual? I'd see the gp just to check its nothing.

I do drink a lot of water during the day but I dont go toilet till the night. I do get tired and hungry a lot
Cooooould be a UTI. Worth getting it checked, as they're so simple and quick to diagnose and so simple and quick to treat :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by gypsyclimber
Cooooould be a UTI. Worth getting it checked, as they're so simple and quick to diagnose and so simple and quick to treat :smile:

thanks! :smile:
Reply 10

And no I go toilet like at 7 in the morning and then probably go at 10 or 11 in the night

what?! :eek:
you don't pee for 15 hours straight? I have to go like every 3 hours or so (except at night)....
Original post by Storme
what?! :eek:
you don't pee for 15 hours straight? I have to go like every 3 hours or so (except at night)....

yeh lol

Sometimes I cba
Reply 12
yeh lol

Sometimes I cba

How much water are you drinking? The only reason I can hold for 8 or 9 hours at night is because I'm not drinking, 15 hours while drinking 2 litres of water is surely physically impossible...

But about the night time peeing thing, it might be just me but if I hold for ages and then go, I often need to pee again soon like 1hour later. Maybe if you're holding all day and then peeing before bed, you needing to pee again is similar?
Original post by Storme
How much water are you drinking? The only reason I can hold for 8 or 9 hours at night is because I'm not drinking, 15 hours while drinking 2 litres of water is surely physically impossible...

2 bottles a day. Trust me I can hold it in lol

But about the night time peeing thing, it might be just me but if I hold for ages and then go, I often need to pee again soon like 1hour later. Maybe if you're holding all day and then peeing before bed, you needing to pee again is similar?

Hmm that actually sounds right. yeah I can relate to that
Original post by Storme

It's not just you. Although, I generally can't hold it in for long.
Try peeing more during the day and see if that helps? Go every few hours or something?
Try peeing more during the day and see if that helps? Go every few hours or something?

I dont need to go lol. Seriously ngl, got up at 8 today and havent been since, coz I dont need to. Plus I hate going toilet in school!

Imagine if I went sleep now and didnt get up till 2 tomorrow. that's like 30 hrs without peeing. Is that a world record or something?
Yes I do because I feel myself needing to go. No I only drink warm milk at night. Oh no, is UTI bad?

thanks

The fact that you hold your pee in and don't go for hours and hours straight is probably the very reason you've contracted at UTI - or what everyone thinks is a UTI.

I got my first bad one from holding in my pee (involuntarily) for hours when I was desperate. Now, I keep having recurring ones that don't respond well to antibiotics.

UTIs are commonly caused by sex in females (if you're a girl that has a lot of sex..?), and actually quite typically by holding in pee for too long in males/females too.

Plus the UTI will not go away on its own (which they sometimes can do) or easily if you don't pee regularly and drink lots and lots of water to flush it out.

Quick Reply

Latest