The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Can you pay extra to get a turrent room in Founders?

I'm wondering if it's possible to pay extra in order to get one of those lovely rooms that are located in the turrets in Founders? If not, then I may end up going for Williamson because it sounds better - double beds, ensuite bathroom, uncatered.

Edit: I just realised the typo in the title.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SmithsIsDead
I'm wondering if it's possible to pay extra in order to get one of those lovely rooms that are located in the turrets in Founders? If not, then I may end up going for Williamson because it sounds better - double beds, ensuite bathroom, uncatered.

Edit: I just realised the typo in the title.

Hi there,

No I am afraid you are not able to pay extra to get a turret room as they are randomly assigned to make it fair for all of our students living in Founders.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
You're more likely to get a turret if you are a finalist (usually fourth year linguists, for example, get the top floor of Founder's). Or you could do what I did and get a 30 week let elsewhere, and then apply for holiday accommodation (in my case, over Easter). Since I was the first person to sign up, I got the first room on the list- a turret room. No guarantee but if you really want to give it a try...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending