The Student Room Group

should holocaust denial be a crime ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
you cannot punish people for their opinions so no, but they shouldn't be respected for doing so.
Reply 41
To be honest I personally have no evidence to suggest the Holocaust did happen, I've never had any evidence (besides from Textbooks, teachers, media etc) to definitely know that it happened,although it is unlikely that all those sources have been lying to me. One of Plato's ideas was basically that one can assume something was in a place but one couldn't know it was there unless one could see it, so on that basis I don't think it should be a crime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No but denialistic holism should.
Reply 43
Nah. I would not be surprised if the numbers were inflated.
If holocaust denial was illegal, we wouldn't be able to point at holocaust deniers and say, "Haha, you really are such a dumbass, your brain could be made of excrement and it wouldn't make a difference to your intelligence."
Reply 45
deffenatnly YES. Holocaust was, and its a simple Fact. Peolple talking about it, till now there is new rules in some countries around it, and its just a crime to denial it!
Original post by Evening
No. Even if there is overwhelming evidence to support a historical fact, you shouldn't be forced to believe it happened. Holocaust denial borders that dangerous territory between freedom of speech and freedom of thought.

you can't force anyone believe anything ever if Holocaust denial was illegal some people will still believe it didn't happen
Original post by Elysium500
Only if you want to create an Orwellian state where disallowed thoughts, facts and investigations are banned. Investigation of the facts of Nazi German camps and the commonly believed stories are massively at odds with each other. Any person of average intelligence only has to do a little digging and just scratch the surface discover that. The problem is that labels such as Holocaust denier discourage them from doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Average and intelligence is an Oxymoron.

Human nature is like this, even the people who are called the most intelligent by society, like the people on here after first degrees or Masters Degrees, they all believe exactly what they are told to believe, in WW2 Britain, they all believed what they were told by the British and in WW2 Germany, they all believe what they were told by the Germans. People do not think. People are just dumb. The only person with any hope whatsoever is you.
Original post by Rakas21
No. Free speech.

Holocaust denial is a sign of great idiocy though.

What does this even mean? The claims about what happened in camps in Germany were revised in the 1960's because of the likes of Professor Paul Rassinier, who pointed out claims of mass extermination in Buchenwald and other camps in Germany were not correct.

He was attacked for this, but it eventually lead to changes in the offical history which even Simon Wiesenthal acknowledged.
Everyone knows that those events were an embellishment/fabrication. At most there were maybe 200,000 or so gassings to combat overcrowding among already seriously ill people in other camps but not Auschwitz. According to the non sell out historian David Irving, the lack of any pink bodies or traces of cyanide in the walls (that stuff takes aeons to fade) is compelling evidence of there not being a 'Holocaust' as has been portrayed in the Jewish owned media.

We're always sold this fairytale of the second world war. What it actually was was the various ancient ashkenazi banking elites playing off these different factions. There are a lot of parallels though between Hitler and Trump for sure.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending