The Student Room Group

Convince Me Why I Should Even Bother

Hiya all apologies for the rant that will follow,

I have been rejected in one way or another, in various guises - and I'm getting to the stage where I'm thinking that its not even worth trying to form relationships with girls I like. Every girl I seem to be interested in has a boyfriend - or so they claim perhaps its just me? Anyway, there is a girl that has just started working at my university cafe, I've only spoken to her on a couple of occasions about random things - to be honest I don't know her name yet. I'm interested in her, but I just feel that its going to be a waste of time trying to get to know her, as she will probably either have a boyfriend or not be interested. So should I even bother, or should I just save myself from the inevitably awkwardness that will befall my way should she reject me in some capacity?

Thanks,

Anon
There's no harm in trying! You never know, don't knock yourself down before you start :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by abbiemac
There's no harm in trying! You never know, don't knock yourself down before you start :smile:

Hi thanks for the reply, I get where you are coming from, but when something repeatedly happens time and time again, you get to the stage where you think, whats the point?
Put it this way, you have more of a chance finding girlfriend material if you keep trying. If you give up that's it... forever alone
Reply 4
Original post by C_tinie_D
Put it this way, you have more of a chance finding girlfriend material if you keep trying. If you give up that's it... forever alone

This.

You can't win the lottery without a ticket.

Keep trying and eventually you'll find someone.
Original post by alphadogg
This.

You can't win the lottery without a ticket.

Keep trying and eventually you'll find someone.

I like your analogy, what are the odds of actually winning the jackpot even if you buy 10 tickets every week?
You can't give up man, the main thing is to keep staying positive, a baby often falls many times before being able to walk. It's always better to at least try as you're giving yourself a chance, & then hopefully you will find someone who will like you for who you are. Good luck! :smile:
No, don't bother. Giving no ****s is the easiest way to end up with a girlfriend anyway, same with anything, the more you think about it the harder it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending