The Student Room Group

Guys, do you prefer girly girls or low maintenance girls (looks wise)?

Poll

Which look do you prefer?

Obviously there is some stereotyping involved here, but (just appearance wise) which of the three do you prefer?

-"Girly girls," who wear skirts/dresses all the time, quite classic way of dressing, have long hair, possibly wear a bit of make-up (not TOWIE style) sometimes, perfume?

-Low maintenance girls (T-shirts, hoodies and jeans, flannel shirts, faux leather jackets, sometimes sporty clothing, no make-up?)

-Androgynous girls (could fall under low maintenance, I suppose, but I mean doing it on purpose) - sometimes very short hair like a pixie cut, deliberately masculine way of dressing (like in tuxedos/mens' clothes), often no make-up or make-up that makes them look more boyish?

Scroll to see replies

I'd say girly girls, but not so much that they play into gender stereotypes & tradition :smile:
Reply 2
girly girls
Reply 3
Original post by Multitalented me
I'd say girly girls, but not so much that they play into gender stereotypes & tradition :smile:

How do you mean? (Keep in mind, we're just talking about appearance here, else this will get off topic really quickly) :tongue:

Joshale
girly girls

Why them? :smile:
Original post by Morrisseya
How do you mean? (Keep in mind, we're just talking about appearance here, else this will get off topic really quickly) :tongue:

Oh my bad, is it just looks :teehee:
Reply 5
Oh my bad, is it just looks :teehee:

Yeah lol, no worries :tongue:
Yeah lol, no worries :tongue:
Lol, awks :redface: I mean do you want me to elaborate anyway? :tongue:
girly girls as I find them more feminine and attractive
Reply 8
Lol, awks :redface: I mean do you want me to elaborate anyway? :tongue:

Sure, go ahead :biggrin:
Reply 9

I prefer them, but obviously I wouldn't expect (or even 'approve') if them to be wearing skirts and stuff if it was a cute night in watching movies, but if we're going out, I like a girl dressed to impress, and someone who looks physically attractive.
Hardly matters if the girl is ugly. :moon:
Original post by Maid Marian
Hardly matters if the girl is ugly. :moon:

I'm sure you look nice :smile:
Original post by Joshale
I prefer them, but obviously I wouldn't expect (or even 'approve') if them to be wearing skirts and stuff if it was a cute night in watching movies, but if we're going out, I like a girl dressed to impress, and someone who looks physically attractive.

"Approve"? :tongue:

Glad to hear it, I often get told looking girly is "old fashioned" these days :tongue:

Grats on the voucher btw. I got bored very quickly with that game! :lol:
I'm sure you look nice :smile:

I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. :puke:
Original post by Guy Secretan
girly girls as I find them more feminine and attractive

So you don't think femininity is "old fashioned", then? :biggrin:

Maid Marian
I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I really want to know what you look like now. :colondollar:
Reply 15
Interesting classification, although the links don't work, and sort of makes sense. For me it is all about femininity and pretty much every girl can hit the mark in many ways.
Original post by Zarek
Interesting classification, although the links don't work, and sort of makes sense. For me it is all about femininity and pretty much every girl can hit the mark in many ways.

Sorry, they work for me :s-smilie: the attachments are dodgy on this forum though

So you don't think someone needs to be "girly" to be feminine?
Reply 17
Sorry, they work for me :s-smilie: the attachments are dodgy on this forum though

So you don't think someone needs to be "girly" to be feminine?

No, and although girly girls of the sort described can be seriously attractive they can also be too much and not work for me. Femininity is an unfathomable mixture of voice, figure, deportment, personality and dress sense.
Original post by Zarek
No, and although girly girls of the sort described can be seriously attractive they can also be too much and not work for me. Femininity is an unfathomable mixture of voice, figure, deportment, personality and dress sense.

What would you consider "too much"? (The thread is just about looks, btw :smile:)
"Approve"? :tongue:

Glad to hear it, I often get told looking girly is "old fashioned" these days :tongue:

Grats on the voucher btw. I got bored very quickly with that game! :lol:

approve was wrong word, couldn't figure the right word:wink:

haha depends which girly girl, but I like both and also thanks:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending