The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

What is Primary Education with QTS course like at BCU?

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for your reply LouiseRoche. I guess I need to get revising then. Its good to get advise from someone who's just been to an interview. Good luch LouiseRoche. I hope everything goes the way you planned. You never know we might see each other in September :tongue:. Can I just ask what were the English test questions like? Do you have to write about something, correct sentences or answer questions?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by LouiseRoche
When I went yesterday I had to do a maths and English test. They weren't too hard tbf but they're the type of questions that look easy but aren't that easy...if that makes sense haha. They're not too bad though dont worry. :smile::smile:

Hey there:smile:.. If you don't mind me asking what interview questions did they ask? And how long were the English and Maths test? I'm asking because I've applied to BCU and received a interview too. Pretty nervous :colondollar:
Good question Riyaax. I would like to know this too please :smile: good luck
Original post by Riyaax
Hey there:smile:.. If you don't mind me asking what interview questions did they ask? And how long were the English and Maths test? I'm asking because I've applied to BCU and received a interview too. Pretty nervous :colondollar:

The English is 30 minutes and the maths is 20 minutes. My interview lasted 30 minutes and they asked:

why i wanted to be a teacher

what experience I had

what qualities I have to offer

what I thought a team was

educational issues and my opinion on them

what I could offer to lessons/after school clubs

how my subjects in sixth form/college could benefit me in a class room.

dont be nervous its not a scary as you think it'll be...Good luck!!
The English is 30 minutes and the maths is 20 minutes. My interview lasted 30 minutes and they asked:

why i wanted to be a teacher

what experience I had

what qualities I have to offer

what I thought a team was

educational issues and my opinion on them

what I could offer to lessons/after school clubs

how my subjects in sixth form/college could benefit me in a class room.

dont be nervous its not a scary as you think it'll be...Good luck!!

Thank you soo much! By the way I have undertaken a year placement in a Primary School. I do two days a week in a year 2 class. I have also done two weeks in a year 1 class. I'm not sure if I've got enough experience, how much experience have you done? :smile:
This thread is really helpful, thank you. They all sound like reasonably good questions to be honest-not too tricky. Although I am more nervous about the group discussion as I know that no one knows what current issue we will have to discuss. Did you have a group discussion task, and do you know what type of issues were being discussed not just in your group but in other groups as well? Was a lecturer present during the discussion and what input did the lecturer have for example did he/she ask questions or just sat back and observed. Thank you so much. This means a lot.
Original post by Student.G
Good question Riyaax. I would like to know this too please :smile: good luck

Thank you.. Good luck to you as well :smile:
Thanks anishakaur2918. Which universities have you applied to ?
Reply 28
Thanks anishakaur2918. Which universities have you applied to ?

Hey there, I have applied to Birmingham City University, Newman University, University of Worcester, Edge Hill University and The University of Northampton. How about you? Are you hoping to do Early Year 3-7 or Primary 5-11? :smile:
I have applies to Birmingham city, newman too and Wolverhampton. I havn't heard anything from newman yet though. I am hoping to do ages 5-11. What about you?
Original post by anishakaur2918
Thank you soo much! By the way I have undertaken a year placement in a Primary School. I do two days a week in a year 2 class. I have also done two weeks in a year 1 class. I'm not sure if I've got enough experience, how much experience have you done? :smile:

I have experience with my siblings, helping out at cheerleading, experience in a nursery and then in a primary school which I'm still doing🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applies to Birmingham city, newman too and Wolverhampton. I havn't heard anything from newman yet though. I am hoping to do ages 5-11. What about you?

I want to so 5-11 years as well :smile:
This thread is really helpful, thank you. They all sound like reasonably good questions to be honest-not too tricky. Although I am more nervous about the group discussion as I know that no one knows what current issue we will have to discuss. Did you have a group discussion task, and do you know what type of issues were being discussed not just in your group but in other groups as well? Was a lecturer present during the discussion and what input did the lecturer have for example did he/she ask questions or just sat back and observed. Thank you so much. This means a lot.

For bcu te group task is just you bringing in an object/book then describing how it would be good in a class room- it's honestly not scary at all, I was really nervous for it but it was fine. You have to talk about an educational issue in your one on one interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I have experience with my siblings, helping out at cheerleading, experience in a nursery and then in a primary school which I'm still doing������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwh, that's nice. I have a brother who's in Primary School as well. Did you talk about your siblings in your interview? I help my brother with his homework etc.
Original post by Riyaax
Awwh, that's nice. I have a brother who's in Primary School as well. Did you talk about your siblings in your interview? I help my brother with his homework etc.

yeah I spoke about helping my siblings with homework in my interview :smile:
Reply 35
I went to the BCU interview yesterday aswell and heard today I got a place :smile: its really relaxed just be yourself
Thank you for your reply LouiseRoche. I guess I need to get revising then. Its good to get advise from someone who's just been to an interview. Good luch LouiseRoche. I hope everything goes the way you planned. You never know we might see each other in September :tongue:. Can I just ask what were the English test questions like? Do you have to write about something, correct sentences or answer questions?

Thank you and ay you never know we could haha...for the English we had to write something yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MartineH
I went to the BCU interview yesterday aswell and heard today I got a place :smile: its really relaxed just be yourself

Oh god you've found out already?! I was at the interview yesterday as well...really hoping they'll give me a place🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
yeah I heard from there admission tonight but my ucas hasn't changed yet they said it will take a few days
Aw well done MartineH, that's great ! I hope it all goes well for you and don't worry LouiseRoche I'm sure you will too :smile: Best of luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending