The Student Room Group

Etiquette when emailing university admissions teams.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what the etiquette is on replying to emails from university admissions teams when they forward your message to the relevant department.

Should you reply and thank the admission team member, or would this only clog up their inbox and annoy them.

Cheers!
Reply 1
Nah..the forwarding emails are just automated ones and I don't think they bother looking at your reply as well... :/
Reply 2
cheers! that's what I was thinking, but they have provided their names and contact details, so it isn't entirely automated, it's a real person forwarding my email.

it's tough to know what to do...
Reply 3
It won't really matter either way. If they're not the right person they won't have any say on your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
it's not even about advancing my application, I just don't want to be rude! haha
Original post by alatar
Hey Guys,

I was wondering what the etiquette is on replying to emails from university admissions teams when they forward your message to the relevant department.

You wear dinner jacket except when replying on a Sunday when white tie with knees breaches, black stockings and patent leather pumps with steel buckles are worn. That is unless you are applying to a former Institute of Advanced Technology where trousers, george boots and spurs are worn. :smile:. Decorations are only worn by sociologists.
people saying thank you are rarely annoying - as long as it it's not a long screed that needs to be read before they realise that's all you are saying. However it is not necessary to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending