The Student Room Group

All 5 of my offers are the same, what do I do?

I've been offered ABB form all 5 universities, what do I do? Do I just have to hope that if I get ABC or AAC then one of them will let me in? :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by infinitytheory
I've been offered ABB form all 5 universities, what do I do? Do I just have to hope that if I get ABC or AAC then one of them will let me in? :confused:

depends on the Uni and the course.

What have you applied for?
Original post by ijc1
depends on the Uni and the course.

What have you applied for?

Computer science at Loughborough, Leicester, Cardiff, Royal Holloway and Lancaster
I had that, just choose your firm and insurance and hope that if you miss out at least one of them will let you in.
I think it's time to visit the unis if you haven't done so already.
Original post by SecretDuck
I think it's time to visit the unis if you haven't done so already.

I've gone to 3 of them, and I'm planning on going to the other 2. I was just wondering what would happen if I didn't get ABB :redface:
Original post by abbiemac
I had that, just choose your firm and insurance and hope that if you miss out at least one of them will let you in.

Yeah :tongue: I hope so :plz2:
Reply 7
Computer science at Loughborough, Leicester, Cardiff, Royal Holloway and Lancaster

well done on all 5 offers!!! :smile:

ok so if I were you, I'd firm the Uni that is my first choice no questions asked. Then for my insurance I'd choose the Uni that doesn't have much competition for the course (maybe email the admission tutors to see how many people applied/ look on their website and see how many places they have).

But no one can tell you for certain which unis will be lenient on a you achieving AAC or ABC as it depends on results day, as sometimes people still get in without achieving the conditions of the offer.

It really depends on the Uni though, my friend got an offer for medical school for AAA and got in with AAB.

Hope I helped x
Original post by ijc1
well done on all 5 offers!!! :smile:

ok so if I were you, I'd firm the Uni that is my first choice no questions asked. Then for my insurance I'd choose the Uni that doesn't have much competition for the course (maybe email the admission tutors to see how many people applied/ look on their website and see how many places they have).

But no one can tell you for certain which unis will be lenient on a you achieving AAC or ABC as it depends on results day, as sometimes people still get in without achieving the conditions of the offer.

It really depends on the Uni though, my friend got an offer for medical school for AAA and got in with AAB.

Hope I helped x

Thanks! :biggrin: I'll email them to see how lenient they are and how many people applied (so far xD)

You can put these into Unistats and look at the 2001-2013 actual entrants' range of UCAS tariff scores. They are fairly similar - 350 (i.e. BBBb) to 420 (i.e. AAAa) covers most of the range for each of these five. Loughborough and Royal Holloway took a few more at 280+ (i.e. CCCc), but you need to be cautious - a course might suddenly be more popular this year, or in the past have concentrated on applicants' relevant experience rather than the achieved grades. Which Uni also offers details on the % of applicants receiving offers last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending