The Student Room Group

How to say no to clubbing?

I get on with all my flatmates, however, when it comes to the weekend they ALWAYS go out (clubbing). Anyway, I find it awkward to say no as I get on with all of them. Clubbing is not my thing (people all crowded together, drunk people everywhere, scares me). I don't mind going to the pub etc...

So yeah, how to say no? Best excuse?
So far I've used...
Have work to do
Feel ill
Have plans already
Just admit that you don't like clubbing..?
Original post by Smile93xx
I get on with all my flatmates, however, when it comes to the weekend they ALWAYS go out (clubbing). Anyway, I find it awkward to say no as I get on with all of them. Clubbing is not my thing (people all crowded together, drunk people everywhere, scares me). I don't mind going to the pub etc...

So far I've used...
Have work to do
Feel ill
Have plans already

Similar situation as you, clubbing isnt my thing and my friends love clubbing. Seriously just say no and although you like them you don't like clubbing! Its not a big deal and they will understand! its totally fine not to like clubbing, my friend, relax and have a great life
Original post by Willburrr
Similar situation as you, clubbing isnt my thing and my friends love clubbing. Seriously just say no and although you like them you don't like clubbing! Its not a big deal and they will understand! its totally fine not to like clubbing, my friend, relax and have a great life

Have yo been clubbing it may be fear to the unknown if not just say your not keen on it and peter the pub of bars it shouldn't be a problem.
Just don't go. Say you don't like it. After 3 times, they'll stop asking. If you give in and get pressured into it, they'll just keep ribbing you to go again and again and again.

I don't like the idea of clubbing either. I went to a sort of club-bar type thing in Oxford, it was too loud, full of idiots and just seemed like a mating ground for a mix of chlamydic ASBO teens and terrified student geeks who looked like they'd been looking for the local warhammer shop and taken a wrong turn, ended up in the queue and been too polite not to stay.

Never been to a club since then. Don't really want to. To be fair, I never really got taken by the idea before either.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Have yo been clubbing it may be fear to the unknown if not just say your not keen on it and peter the pub of bars it shouldn't be a problem.

not my thread... yes I have been quite a few times its just not my idea of a great time
Reply 6
Just straight up admit that clubbing isn't your scene! I'm sure they'll understand.

I said so to my friends when i declined their invitation to go clubbing and they were so persistent in getting me to come with them so I just straight up said that it wasn't the way my parents raised me and also said that packed places like clubs make me feel so nauseous. They let me be after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smile93xx

So far I've used...
Have work to do
Feel ill

Have plans already

I'd leave the excuses out because they'll pick up on that (if they haven't already) and it'll isolate you because you're lying to them.

Just say they're not your thing. When some of them don't fancy clubbing they'll want to do something a little different and will get you involved with it too. :smile:

I think that's the nicest thing I've ever said to anyone on here...
not my thread... yes I have been quite a few times its just not my idea of a great time

Then just say it's not for you it's not a problem.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Then just say it's not for you it's not a problem.

aha thanks man, but you've got the wrong guy, I'm not the op
aha thanks man, but you've got the wrong guy, I'm not the op

ah right but the advice is still relevent to the OP and others who have the same problem
Reply 11
You don't.
Original post by futbol
You don't.

No I had no problem going to clubs
I'm trying not to be obnoxious here but why do people on TSR hate clubbing so much ?

If you do it at the right place , with the right crowd and the right music playing , its completely euphoric and like being on another planet . Some people just don't like letting go I guess.
Tell them you don't like clubbing but go out now and then just so you can keep that connection with them
I hate clubbing it scares me and I struggle to breathe and panic but cause I've not gone out I've got no friends that are near me I have a couple in my course but they live at home and don't live close so I have basically no friends apart from the 3half days o have a uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mollyrose96
Tell them you don't like clubbing but go out now and then just so you can keep that connection with them
I hate clubbing it scares me and I struggle to breathe and panic but cause I've not gone out I've got no friends that are near me I have a couple in my course but they live at home and don't live close so I have basically no friends apart from the 3half days o have a uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shut up woman, your place is in the kitchen. I hope you fail your university course. It is hilarious though that you struggled to breath.
Original post by selfsustaining
Shut up woman, your place is in the kitchen. I hope you fail your university course. It is hilarious though that you struggled to breath.

Please explain how it's funny that I can't breathe??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadiseFound
I'm trying not to be obnoxious here but why do people on TSR hate clubbing so much ?

If you do it at the right place , with the right crowd and the right music playing , its completely euphoric and like being on another planet . Some people just don't like letting go I guess.

I agree, I guess you get a certain type of people on this site though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending