The Student Room Group

Do You Like People Who Flirt With Everyone?

If someone's "casually flirty" with others a lot (friends, acquaintances, exes, whoever) and a little too close to some people, even if they're not trying to sleep with them, do you find it a turn off?

As in, someone displays "player-ish" behaviour though they may not necessarily be a male or female player?

:cookie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm a (straight) male and if someone I like (even if we're not together) is flirty with lots of other guys then yeah it's a turn off for me
Reply 2
Original post by Gaiaphage
I'm a (straight) male and if someone I like (even if we're not together) is flirty with lots of other guys then yeah it's a turn off for me

Yeah, same here (for guys who flirt a lot). Interested to see what others think :smile:
Yeah if someone's really obviously flirty with everyone, it's a massive turn off.
No way dude!
A girl I know flirts with every guy in the year group. Easy to mock at if you ask me.
Reply 5
Original post by inachigeek21
No way dude!
A girl I know flirts with every guy in the year group. Easy to mock at if you ask me.

I'm a girl, but yeah it's a massive turn off in guys for me :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by inachigeek21
No way dude!

I don't care if friends do it, but yeah :smile:
Defo a turn off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It can just be having a bubbly outgoing personality which is misconstrued as being flirty with everyone..
Reply 9
I'm very guilty of this myself and in turn have led a lot of folk on without meaning to (I choose not to have relationships).

At this current moment I have at least three people who are taking me the wrong way, but I have told them I'm not interested. So it's up to them if they want to get upset or jealous over the way I act; it's not personal and I treat most people the same way.

In regards to what I think of it, it's awful. I know someone who does the exact same thing and it irritates me because it's hard to tell how they really feel towards people. But then I know I do it too, so I can't complain. They flirt with me and I flirt back, I'm not sure either of us know where we stand with each other because of this.
Reply 10
Original post by Morrisseya
If someone's "casually flirty" with others a lot (friends, acquaintances, exes, whoever) and a little too close to some people, even if they're not trying to sleep with them, do you find it a turn off?

As in, someone displays "player-ish" behaviour though they may not necessarily be a male or female player?

:cookie:

Massive turn off. It happened to me many times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarek
It can just be having a bubbly outgoing personality which is misconstrued as being flirty with everyone..

That's true. Having said that I'm bubbly myself but I do think there's a line.
Not really no.
Sollom
Massive turn off. It happened to me many times

Original post by Multitalented me
Not really no.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, I thought I was too fussy :redface:
I've been told I flirt too much, but I don't see the difference between being friendly and flirting. Some guy asks me a question and I answer then I get "Omg stop flirting with that guy he probably thinks you're single"... Erm.
Original post by WolfBird
I'm very guilty of this myself and in turn have led a lot of folk on without meaning to (I choose not to have relationships).

At this current moment I have at least three people who are taking me the wrong way, but I have told them I'm not interested. So it's up to them if they want to get upset or jealous over the way I act; it's not personal and I treat most people the same way.

In regards to what I think of it, it's awful. I know someone who does the exact same thing and it irritates me because it's hard to tell how they really feel towards people. But then I know I do it too, so I can't complain. They flirt with me and I flirt back, I'm not sure either of us know where we stand with each other because of this.

Do you do it because you're naturally bubbly, or on purpose?

Yeah, that's the fault of those three people if you've told them I guess, although you don't know if any other people are not taking it the wrong way too.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I've been told I flirt too much, but I don't see the difference between being friendly and flirting. Some guy asks me a question and I answer then I get "Omg stop flirting with that guy he probably thinks you're single"... Erm.

Yep, I'm naturally friendly too so sometimes other girls accuse me of flirting with guys when I'm just trying to be polite.

I think there's a definite line though. For example, I know a guy who's always commenting on the Instagram/Twitter feeds of the women he knows (even those with boyfriends) with stuff like "Nice job! xx" or "Amazing art xoxox" and so on. I think that crosses the line.
Reply 17
Original post by Morrisseya
Do you do it because you're naturally bubbly, or on purpose?

Yeah, that's the fault of those three people if you've told them I guess, although you don't know if any other people are not taking it the wrong way too.

Not either. I believe it's a defense mechanism to hide emotions. For instance I can have someone think I like them when I actually couldn't care less if we stopped talking. ..I sound like a terrible person here haha. I'm not very good with expressing how I'm feeling. It is just the way I talk to people, it's not intentional but I don't go out of my way to avoid it either.

Yeah I know for certain of those three which is why I told them. I think that's fair. There will be a few more though, when they become more forward and start getting upset I just tell them how it is.
Original post by abbiemac
Yeah if someone's really obviously flirty with everyone, it's a massive turn off.

How would you define "flirty" out of interst? :smile:
Original post by Zarek

This. I sometimes get told I'm flirty but I'd say I'm . just friendly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending