The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

im going!!!... again lol. i already have my place and have been to the open day last year but im going again anyway! partly to look round accomodation and also just to be like yayyy i get 2 go here next year.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Hey, i'll be showing some of you guys round :wink:
Reply 3
I got a load of blurb through yesterday about the uni and the open day; looked good but said so I just went on to book and the page says they are fully booked.

Not impressed especially seeing as there isn't another open day as such if they're going to be fully booked why bother sending out the mailings waste of time and money IMO!!!

Is there any other way I could get on the open day? ring and beg or something? 'cause right now I'm pretty peeved...
Reply 4
I hope this isnt the only time you can check accomodation like last year, as Im not sure where I wanna stay
Reply 5
danielm
I got a load of blurb through yesterday about the uni and the open day; looked good but said so I just went on to book and the page says they are fully booked.

Not impressed especially seeing as there isn't another open day as such if they're going to be fully booked why bother sending out the mailings waste of time and money IMO!!!

Is there any other way I could get on the open day? ring and beg or something? 'cause right now I'm pretty peeved...

I didn't book at either of the open days last year. I just turned up. There's no tickets or anything, it just means you won't get the blurb through the post first
Reply 6
Im going, cant wait, thinking it will be my first choice so hopefully it will impress!
Yeah I'm going, one cus I need to choose my accomodation, two because my Mother and sister want to see it (only went with my Father the visit day!) and three so I can get all excited and be like whooo I'll be here soon(ish) and you know to spark my excitment a bit- I'm having so much fun on my gap year I don't want to forget about uni completely! :p: :biggrin:

Also I say just turn up, apparently due to the large amount of visitors they don't ask you to sign in or something
Reply 8
Someone wanna be really cool and find out what the storage/fridge room space is like for each type of room. Theres a drink in it for you next year......
Freezer
Someone wanna be really cool and find out what the storage/fridge room space is like for each type of room. Theres a drink in it for you next year......

I'll do it :p: I'll take a note pad shall I! But next year you owe me!:biggrin:
Reply 10
might be going along...depends if i can be arsed.
Reply 11
sleepy_person!
I'll do it :p: I'll take a note pad shall I! But next year you owe me!:biggrin:

deal! thanks, i was meant to go to find that out but gotta plan a mates coming home party
Reply 12
Freezer

Bad... we have 1 small fridge freezer between 5 and that's in Brighthelm. We're in the process of looking for another one. And you can bet East slope etc have even worse storage. I think they have the same type of Fridge between 8 /12 from what I remember.
Reply 13
zoea85
Bad... we have 1 small fridge freezer between 5 and that's in Brighthelm. We're in the process of looking for another one. And you can bet East slope etc have even worse storage. I think they have the same type of Fridge between 8 /12 from what I remember.

Im in one of the Park Houses and we have 3 fridges, and 2 freezers between 12 of us. And still seem to have absolutely no space. But it works out at about half a fridge shelf each. The freezers are pretty much empty!
Reply 14
We share 1 fridge and 1 freezer between 5 in Lewes Court and it's working fine. However, I was actually a bit jellaous of a friend staying in East Slope as they have more than twice as many and they're like 8 or something living there...

Don't worry though, there's soo much space in our kitchen that we haven't even used up all the cupboards and shelves yet :p: that is if u go for lewes court :biggrin:
Reply 15
xx Bex
im going!!!... again lol. i already have my place and have been to the open day last year but im going again anyway! partly to look round accomodation and also just to be like yayyy i get 2 go here next year.

Can you tell me timetable of open day - full and not able to get a place, will go anyway.
Reply 16
kimok
Can you tell me timetable of open day - full and not able to get a place, will go anyway.

On the day when you drive up the road or enter the Uni, find the building where all the help is, they have programmes and just give them out as so many people forget theres...
Reply 17
Freezer
On the day when you drive up the road or enter the Uni, find the building where all the help is, they have programmes and just give them out as so many people forget theres...

Exactly, try to turn up about 10 or 11 am, there are loads of people wandering around with programmes, or just go to Bramber House and there is a reception there who can help you out
Reply 18
ledge
Exactly, try to turn up about 10 or 11 am, there are loads of people wandering around with programmes, or just go to Bramber House and there is a reception there who can help you out

Thanks for the help anyone know where and what time the Psychology presentation will be?
Reply 19
kimok
Thanks for the help anyone know where and what time the Psychology presentation will be?

Psychology department is based in Pevensey I/II so that would be a fair guess. No idea what time though i'm afraid

Latest

Trending

Trending