The Student Room Group

Application late November - any chances of offers before Christmas?

Finished my personal statement and submitted my application nearly a month ago, but due to deays with my referee it looks like my application won't be received by unis until next week. Was hoping to have an offer or two so I could start the Xmas season on a good note - but given that it'll only just be in by late November do I have any chance of getting any offers before Christmas? I have top predicted grades, a good PS and a glowing reference, but I don't know whether that's likely to make any difference to the order that offers are given. I've applied to Bristol, York, Nottingham, UCL and Warwick.
Reply 1
It's unlikely IMO, but not impossible! What subject are you applying for?
Original post by The Nightingale
Finished my personal statement and submitted my application nearly a month ago, but due to deays with my referee it looks like my application won't be received by unis until next week. Was hoping to have an offer or two so I could start the Xmas season on a good note - but given that it'll only just be in by late November do I have any chance of getting any offers before Christmas? I have top predicted grades, a good PS and a glowing reference, but I don't know whether that's likely to make any difference to the order that offers are given. I've applied to Bristol, York, Nottingham, UCL and Warwick.

Some people have had offers the same day, some don't get them until March. It depends on the course you're applying for, the uni itself, the grades you're predicted compared to the grades you need to get to be on the course (entry requirements) etc
Original post by ex-plore
It's unlikely IMO, but not impossible! What subject are you applying for?

English and Philosophy at the majority and just English at ucl. It's so annoying because I could have easily had my application in by late October/early November if my referees hadn't faffed about!
Reply 4
English and Philosophy at the majority and just English at ucl. It's so annoying because I could have easily had my application in by late October/early November if my referees hadn't faffed about!

Maybe they were getting the perfect reference for you? :tongue:

But honestly, there is still a chance of getting an offer in early december by one of your choices at least
Original post by abbalarr95
Some people have had offers the same day, some don't get them until March. It depends on the course you're applying for, the uni itself, the grades you're predicted compared to the grades you need to get to be on the course (entry requirements) etc

Ah, okay, that's a bit more hopeful. I'm predicted an A* (in Government and Politics) and an A in Philosophy. I already have an A* in English Literature so that one doesn't require a prediction. I think UCL and Bristol are the only ones that require A*AA, Warwick and York are roughly AAB and Nottingham A*BB/or AAB.

I had this problem with my referee, she finally sent it off last Sunday after almost a month of waiting. I already have one offer, so it is perfectly possible for you to get an offer before Christmas.
The main thing is not to stress about it, you have good grades so I'm sure you'll get offers even if it's after Christmas :smile:
I had all 5 offers within 23 days of applying, so don't lose hope.
The same thing happened to me last year, don't worry about it. I received three offers before christmas (Leicester and Nottingham) then the rest were after :smile:
Reply 9
Last year I sent my application on the 15th Dec and got 3 offers before Christmas so yes there is a chance you will get some :smile:
Reply 10
Looking for advice please. Completed all the ucas application apart from waiting on a reference from my school. Can I pay and send now or do I wait for teachers to say they have attached the reference. Before or after, please advise. What happens if I pay en find out reference not attached.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending