The Student Room Group

Regretting NOT drinking alcohol?

Usually when people ask me why I don't drink, I just say because I won't regret it. Its not unusual to hear a drinker say they regret drinking.

Have you ever heard somebody say they regret NOT drinking, and what was the situation?
Original post by leonmcgann
Usually when people ask me why I don't drink, I just say because I won't regret it. Its not unusual to hear a drinker say they regret drinking.

Have you ever heard somebody say they regret NOT drinking, and what was the situation?

No, never. I don't drink either. I don't know why anyone would regret not drinking, if anything they would regret drinking when they have a killer hangover the next day!
Sometimes I feel a bit ashamed for not drinking ... I see everyone else being merry and I kind of wish I could be too!

But the downsides of being drunk aren't worth it in my opinion: I don't want a hangover, I don't like the taste anyway, I don't want to do things I'd regret, I have too many secrets I could spill, the list goes on.
I don't drink but I don't regret it. I've just never wanted to and when I did try a few things I didn't like them.
Think how much money we would save compared to the people who do drink and spend their money on alcohol :biggrin:
I do drink occasionally but sometimes I just don't want to, either because I don't want to waste the money or I don't want to be hungover the next day. What really annoys me is everyone else trying to convince me to drink or asking why I'm not though. I don't go round asking them why they're drinking so I shouldn't need to justify myself to them.

Quick Reply

Latest