The Student Room Group

Do you like the sound of your voice?

Today I has a presentation at work and this presentation will determine my progress in the company over the next few months.

I just listened back back to my voice and I just cringe so much.

Recorded I sound so different to what I think I sound. It's so cringe :frown:.

Scroll to see replies

I love my own voice people have complimented me on it before, we all find our voices bit weird when it is recorded as were not used to hearing it from that perspective. If you were confident when presenting then there is nothing to worry about.
No, I think I sound manly.
I like my voice! :colondollar:
Reply 4
No, I sound whiny and nasaly.
Reply 5
Personally I find mine monotonous at times, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it or find it soothing?
No, :frown:, I've got a stutter and often mumble when under pressure.
Reply 7
I personally think absolutely nothing of it, others find it odd however...
Not at all. I can't believe people don't wanna punch me when I speak, I would :lol: There's an annoyingness to it
I hate the sound of my own voice when it's played back to me. Not that my voice is often played back to me or anything.
Reply 10
As long as you don't speak with inflexions after every sentence you're fine.
I hate it but have been told it's nice. It's pretty normal to be weirded out by the sound of your own voice.
N o w a y.
No one ever sounds good recorded, but I do like the sound of my voice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HOMG. HATE IT! My slight lisp doesn't help! :O
No. I sound like an extra from Rab C Nesbitt. I have quite a strong Ayrshire/Glaswegian accent and I think it makes me sound manly or common in recordings sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't mind my voice actually, well apart from singing...
Unlike other girls, my voice is kind of heavy. Hence, I am not a big fan of my voice.
Original post by Maid Marian
No, I think I sound manly.

I wish I sounded manly lol.

I sound like a little mouse :frown:.
Not when I hear it on videos/recordings, or when I'm mocked for being articulate and sounding like Jeremy Clarkson. Apparently when I say 'letters' and 'lettuce', it sounds the same . . . I don't agree . . .

Quick Reply

Latest