The Student Room Group

What are good a level grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R Dragon
Sociology was my hardest A-level...

I guess it's subjective but I looked at Sociology past papers and it looks beyond easy. Practically general knowledge stuff.
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
I guess it's subjective but I looked at Sociology past papers and it looks beyond easy. Practically general knowledge stuff.

wtf no LOL,

There were like 80+ theories and sociologists you had to memroise and be able to apply in different scenarios O_o

For chemistry you only needed about 5
wtf no LOL,

There were like 80+ theories and sociologists you had to memroise and be able to apply in different scenarios O_o

For chemistry you only needed about 5

Again it's subjective. Chemistry is much harder than Sociology either way. I would argue, a C in Chemistry is as hard to get as an A in Sociology.
Again it's subjective. Chemistry is much harder than Sociology either way. I would argue, a C in Chemistry is as hard to get as an A in Sociology.

I don't think you can honestly say that if you haven't looked at the specification properly

Chemistry was soooo easy.... it was all application with around 10% base knowledge
I would say AAA is 'good' by the OP's criterion. That's probably the lowest grades that would make me positively think 'that's a good set of grades'.
I don't think you can honestly say that if you haven't looked at the specification properly

Chemistry was soooo easy.... it was all application with around 10% base knowledge

I have looked at the specification and the past papers as well as taking chemistry for A-level.

We have to agree to disagree but it's illogical that you can even suggest Sociology is one of the hardest subjects.
I have looked at the specification and the past papers as well as taking chemistry for A-level.

We have to agree to disagree but it's illogical that you can even suggest Sociology is one of the hardest subjects.

I am a verrrry illogical person :biggrin:
How long is a piece of string?

'Good' is all down to personal opinion and form - e.g. someone who at GCSCE's was a constant A*/A student and at AS got a B, 2 C's and a D would not think that was good, yet someone who performed average at gcse would probably see that as 'good'
Sweetie, you're on TSR. Half the people here would be devastated if they didn't get A*A*A*.
Original post by Applescruff
Sweetie, you're on TSR. Half the people here would be devastated if they didn't get A*A*A*.

Such truer words never spoken before
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
if you get what your chosen university course offers then your all good.
e.g. optometry is AAB.
if you get ABB that's not good, but for a different course its really really good

Student number caps by the government allow Universities to take on high-achieving students (ABB+) without a fine. As such you would likely get into an AAB course with ABB anyway at most Universities in the present state of affairs with fees going up and Universities suffering low demand.

Optometry isn't all that popular either, so unless its at a very good University you could probably get in with BBC or something.
As long as you get where you want to go it doesn't matter! I got BDD and C in general studies (below their requirements) and got to my first choice uni (and they gave me a music scholarship)! I'm sure I got in because of extracurricular activities, something a many of high achievers don't have!
Reply 33
AAB I'd class as 'good'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest