The Student Room Group

Would you forgive/date a cheater?

Poll

Would you forgive/date a cheater?

Honestly I would if it was only the once, although it wouldn't be easy though. They would have to be remorseful & convince me that it wouldn't happen again. What about you? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Why cheat? If you think you're going to cheat, why not just break up with them instead?

But yeah, everybody gets one. :colonhash:

Not actually, if they were actually sorry I'd probably forgive them the first time, but after that they're on thin ice
Reply 2
Nope, cheaters gonna cheat.
Reply 3
nope

have dated a cheater after she cheated on me before, ended horribly

fool me once, shame on you, also you're never fooling me again you cheeky ****
Don't do commitment.
Reply 5
No I wouldn't and couldn't forgive a cheater.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by inachigeek21
Don't do commitment.

also this right now
If it was only once and they regretted it and it made them appreciate you more, then it'd be okay, but then I'm just a walkover who doesn't dislike anyone. I wouldn't judge someone for cheating in a past relationship, unless it was serial cheating
Reply 9
No.
No.
Yes. Depends.

Contrary to movie logic, people do change. It's not ridiculous to think someone might become faithful after cheating in the past.

Still, I'd use my judgement.
Depends on WHY they did it - if it was a drunken mistake, perhaps.

Otherwise, nah. People rarely change.
No I wouldn't.

From experience it seems to make you pretty insecure and a little insane trying to trust them again.
Well the Chad Meister cheats all the time so yeah I guess I could forgive myself easily in fact.
No. I did date someone whilst, unknown to me, he was still seeing someone. I was not happy at all. By the sounds of things, he was with her first and then asked me out. If I'd have known that, I wouldn't have even considered dating him.
No. You only get one chance with me.
No.
It depends, would I date someone who has in the past cheated? Yes but not in all cases, it would have to have been a one time occurrence and preferably at least a few years ago as people don't mature and change overnight. Would I forgive someone who cheated on me? Possibly but I wouldn't forget and I wouldn't stay in the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending