The Student Room Group

Can i do my driving test still?

Hey i broke my ankle a month ago and have just learnt to walk without crutches, although im still limping, my test is next month. Will i still be able to take it if im limping?

i can fully move my foot back and forth with no pain so it wont effect clutch work. I was just wondering if they would still allow it.
I'd speak to a doctor and your instructor about this situation.
I don't see any reason why not, if you are able to operate the car properly. What about sudden movements such as making an emergency stop? If you are still in pain then a doctor would probably advise not. Ask the test centre or your instructor.
If you can drive without it affecting you, then I see no reason why not. It may be a good idea to see a doctor just so they can assess it and confirm for sure. Also make sure you've had enough practice so that you have a good chance of passing - there's always the risk that you may not have driven much recently if you've had an injury.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice guys! ive booked to see my doctor for his advice and spoken to my instructor whos going to see me on Monday and see how i am :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the advice guys! ive booked to see my doctor for his advice and spoken to my instructor whos going to see me on Monday and see how i am :smile:

What did they say?
Reply 6
Original post by Kutie Karen
What did they say?

I had a driving lesson and i was absolutely fine with my driving. My instructor said to give them a call and just double check but hes had people go on on their crutches and put them on the back seat during the test. As long as you have full use of the foot and can use the clutch properly it shouldnt be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest