The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the.young.folk
It has been researched because there are so many arguments like this one

1) Oxytocin is no way shows that sex isn't 'meant' to be a throw away encounter. It's a hormone, it's people who want to generalise about this kind of stuff that decide it shows sex isn't supposed to be a throwaway thing. Also it wasn't anecdotal evidence...that would have meant I started telling you a story...

2) And have you ever had a one night stand? How you have sex depends on the people involved, some people ensure the other person gets off whether it's a one night stand or not and yes women do orgasm from one night stands, just like any other type of sex

3) Ok then *complex societies and social expectations. Many animals can analyse their actions.

1) Wow you are in denial. What is the SPECIFIC role of that homeone? :rolleyes: And trying to state that because people do something it's okay is anecdotal evidence. Not the sharpest tool in the shed I see...

2) Yes I have but that doesn't change my point. A ONS is purely to to have sex with someone on one occasion. You are using a person as a means to an end without giving a damn about who they are as a person. Whether you like it or not, that is objectification.

3) HAHAHAHA. Right you went from not being a sharp tool in the shed to being a blunt brick. No, animals cannot analyse their actions because that is psychology and biologically a massive leap in cognitive behaviour. Stop talking about things you don't understand.
Original post by geoking
.....Have you ever had sex before? :confused: It's more exciting when you actually know the person. A lot more exciting. And the sex is a whole lot better as well.

Yeah I have but it seems more fun at uni!
Original post by Anonymous

How's that "fun" working out for ya? :rolleyes:
I thought that we got on well that's why!

Poor you. Being ignored after an evening together hurts - a lot. You'll have to put it down to experience and rise above such rudeness. He is out of his depth by the sounds of it. If you see him again, try to be yourself and be honest with your friends. Pass on the experience so that they can support you. Next time you get chatted up in a bar, ask yourself where you want it to go and go with your instinct remembering it can be painful if it goes wrong. Good luck.
No I'm not! But in hindsight, if he was a real man then he wouldn't have shagged me if I was drunk out of my mind and he wasn't! He was also buying my double vodkas all night

You accepted the drinks, maybe if you were a real woman you wouldn't have accepted them? :lolwut: Stop twisting this to make it his fault when it's not. :lolwut:
He wasn't that drunk and wasn't clear about the taxi situation!

So? You consented and you're annoyed that he didn't regard you.
I'm just so disappointed that he ignored me :frown:

Yes you are and you're trying to blame him because he ignore him. :erm:
Original post by kka25
This.

I'm actually horrified. I hope this guy doesn't get into unnecessary trouble for this. :erm:
Original post by Juichiro
:rolleyes: She is. Funny, uh?

Oh wow. Very... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by karmacrunch
I'm actually horrified. I hope this guy doesn't get into unnecessary trouble for this. :erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. If I were in the guy's shoes, I'd run away from this girl, screaming.
Reply 86

Doesn't sound like you're having much fun.
Next time you meet someone you like don't sleep with them straight away. Just get their number and get in touch later.
But I wasn't even intending to sleep with him. He said he would make sure I got home safe, so I got a taxi back with him, and I assumed the taxi would drop me off at my halls first and then he would go back to his. But, he got out the same time as me. He didn't make it very clear!

And he wasn't even THAT drunk. I was quite drunk so he shouldn't have took advantage of me.

Oh lord how did this turn from you wanting to get noticed by him, to him taking advantage of you. Well I think you may be a crazy lady that's why he may be avoiding you. If you're normal then him being nervous is a good thing it shows ONS isn't normal for him he's just as nervous as you were. He didn't know how to approach you.
And I was too embarassed to go over and didn't know what to say either.

He probably felt the exact same way. There's your answer.
I don't agree that the guy took advantage of you. Some of the responses are rather harsh. You've done nothing wrong by having a ons,although from how you feel now they are probably not right for you. I can see how you'd feel upset that he ignored you, maybe try talking to him, if he isn't talkative then move on :smile:
I didn't want to approach him because he kept moving away from me and I also seen him on campus and he blanked me
And he wasn't even THAT drunk. I was quite drunk so he shouldn't have took advantage of me.

you should wait till you are emotionally mature before you have sex

it isn't fair saying now ...because you feel rejected... that the boy took advantage of you!.... you are allowed to say ''no''.
by saying this to others you could be misunderstood and then he could find himself in trouble.

... say what you mean, mean what you say please
The harsh reality is, he got what he wanted so now he probably going to ignore you, you deserve better.
Original post by Rock Fan
The harsh reality is, he got what he wanted so now he probably going to ignore you, you deserve better.

But he wasn't even a 'lad' type. He was intelligent, did a maths degree and we really got on! That's why I'm so annoyed
But he wasn't even a 'lad' type. He was intelligent, did a maths degree and we really got on! That's why I'm so annoyed

Yeah it's annoying but the thing is he got what he wanted, guys once they do that then they change or show their true colours.
This is what happens after one night stands.
You have been zoned out. Sorry.
Reply 97
Its alright OP I'm kind of the same I had never tried ONS's or hooking up with randomn girls in clubs so I thought yeah it'll be fun, fast forward after 1 ONS and pulling 4 girls it just isn't in me, I enjoy the intimacy and bonding of mind,body and soul from a relationship more than I ever will getting with a randomn, the chance is fun but when I finally get it there's always an anticlimax where I was expecting something fuller and more fulfilling

ONS just aren't for us I suppose.....
You're thinking way too much into this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intelligent guys like sex for its own sake, too.

It sounds like you're annoyed with yourself and projecting that onto him. You seem to have known it was a ONS from the outset, so if you agreed to it at the time then you can't blame him.

I think you just need to learn from this experience and move on.

Latest

Trending

Trending