The Student Room Group

Straight guys: Would you snuggle up with your guy friend?

Say, you're watching a movie and you're on the same bed, would it be acceptable to friendly snuggle up with you?

Or no? :o:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
No...
It depends what you mean by the term 'acceptable'.

It certainly wouldn't be socially acceptable. Also, it depends what you mean by 'snuggle'. Simply lying next to a friend watching a movie is meaningless, but if you mean as in putting your arms on them etc. then that would not be just 'friendly' so, in terms of sexuality, it would not be 'acceptable' to do this with a same-sex friend and still expect to be considered 'heterosexual' in the eyes of society.

:smile:
Personally, no.
Snuggle? Yeah...No thanks.

Yup I second exactly what beyknowles has said.
95% of straight guys spoon their mates in bed.

Not sexually, just cuddling-wise.

Spoon and ball is best. :sexface:
Original post by Joyful_soul
Say, you're watching a movie and you're on the same bed, would it be acceptable to friendly snuggle up with you?

Or no? :o:

Snuggling up has sexual connotations, so nope.
Only if I could be the outside spoon.

No, seriously, of course I wouldn't. No need for it and it's just weird.
Original post by RFowler
Only if I could be the outside spoon.

No, seriously, of course I wouldn't. No need for it and it's just weird.

:cry:

Oh noes...
Only if sufficiently "loved up" :tongue:
I can't imagine any guys doing this unless they had a serious bromance going on. :lol:

I'd do it with girls though. :redface: Funny how it's more socially acceptable (afaik) for girls to do it than guys! :redface:
I was reading a story on the carpet to about three little girls the other week, and two of them were spooning with each, laying on the cushions :rofl: And they kept swapping over to give the other a chance to be the inside spoon. I thought it was adorable. :colondollar:
Original post by Maid Marian
I can't imagine any guys doing this unless they had a serious bromance going on. :lol:

I'd do it with girls though. :redface: Funny how it's more socially acceptable (afaik) for girls to do it than guys! :redface:
I was reading a story on the carpet to about three little girls the other week, and two of them were spooning with each, laying on the cushions :rofl: And they kept swapping over to give the other a chance to be the inside spoon. I thought it was adorable. :colondollar:

Exactly, guys should be able to have this sweetness going on too. :cry:

That's odd.
It isn't acceptable for girls though - it is equally weird and begs to ask the question if you are on the fence.
Original post by Jimbo1234
That's odd.
It isn't acceptable for girls though - it is equally weird and begs to ask the question if you are on the fence.

Not really, it's just cuddly.
No I wouldn't.
Not really, it's just cuddly.

When you're very young; relatives/adults should fill in that gap (not other kids. That is odd and cries of the kids not getting enough attention at home)
When you're older; that is what relationships help with.

Doing it with friends somewhat shows the person is seriously lacking affection from those they should be receiving it from.
Original post by Jimbo1234
When you're very young; relatives/adults should fill in that gap (not other kids. That is odd and cries of the kids not getting enough attention at home)
When you're older; that is what relationships help with.

Doing it with friends somewhat shows the person is seriously lacking affection from those they should be receiving it from.

I don't agree. :erm:
I don't agree. :erm:

Because.....? :facepalm:
Just sayin "I don't agree" just shows you won't change your opinion rather than mine being wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest