The Student Room Group

Further reading

I just answered a question about further reading and independent study and I am wondering:

To what extent should an AS student do these? I.e. what should you anticipate to have achieved after an evening of further reading and studying independently?
Reply 1
Original post by beyknowles
I just answered a question about further reading and independent study and I am wondering:

To what extent should an AS student do these? I.e. what should you anticipate to have achieved after an evening of further reading and studying independently?

Surely the extent of whether a student does further reading and/or inependent study depends on the student?
The more willing student would probably spend a few hours per week of independent studying, whereas others may do as little as they think they need to do, I'm guessing.

I would anticipate being able to recall at least some of what I have read about the next day, otherwise; what would be the point?

Depends what your aiming for. You don't need to do any reading outside of the textbooks if you want an A* in a level psychology, but if you want to study it at university its good for your personal statement.
Reply 3
Original post by iammichealjackson
Depends what your aiming for. You don't need to do any reading outside of the textbooks if you want an A* in a level psychology, but if you want to study it at university its good for your personal statement.

Thank you :smile: did you take psychology ? If so do you have any major tips?
Thank you :smile: did you take psychology ? If so do you have any major tips?

yeh, at a level, uni and masters :P. Not really, you've got to start revising early since there are a lot of studies to cover so you can't cram a level psychology.

If you want to do wider reading i made a thread for tips http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49223179#post49223179 .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending