The Student Room Group

What if I don't get in?

Hi, so, I've started looking for sixth forms and colleges and I've already chosen three schools which I'm going to apply to. I've started thinking about what subjects I'm gonna take and how useful it will be in my prospective course. Heck, i even talk to my school's math department to talk about the math's course but then I realised that I'm preparing for something that I might not be accepted to.

What if none of my choices accept me? I'm not the best student in the world and I'm not that involve in school politics or extracurriculars so what if they don't accept me?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Maybe choose some lower ones that you can apply to as back up?
Or just get a job.
Or get an apprenticeship.

I didn't think I'd get into uni but I did, and well exceeded the entry requirements, so you never know :jumphug:
Then you don't get accepted and change your plans.
Depends how badly you want it. If it means a lot, keep banging your head on the application process, a lot can change in a year. You can get a job for a year and have another crack at it, or you can cut your losses and move onto plan B - whether that's a less competitive college, or a job, or an apprenticeship etc.
What did you get at GCSE?
Original post by Firenze26
Hi, so, I've started looking for sixth forms and colleges and I've already chosen three schools which I'm going to apply to. I've started thinking about what subjects I'm gonna take and how useful it will be in my prospective course. Heck, i even talk to my school's math department to talk about the math's course but then I realised that I'm preparing for something that I might not be accepted to.

What if none of my choices accept me? I'm not the best student in the world and I'm not that involve in school politics or extracurriculars so what if they don't accept me?

P.S.

I'm assuming you're in Year 11 so as a Year 12 here are my tips.

1) Work hard! Trust me, I didnt and didnt get into my first choice.

2) Theres no harm in applying to 5 or more colleges. Again, I only applied to 2, and I got lucky.

3) Be confident in yourself, and do whatever it takes to get into your first choice.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by High Stakes
What did you get at GCSE?

I'm still in yr 11 but I've already done my bio and chem GCSEs. I already have a B in bio and an A in chem and I'm predicted another 6As, a B and a C but those targets are way off. Even if they, hypothetically, give me an offer based on these grades, they won't accept me because I won't be able to get them

P.S.

I'm still in yr 11 but I've already done my bio and chem GCSEs. I already have a B in bio and an A in chem and I'm predicted another 6As, a B and a C but those targets are way off. Even if they, hypothetically, give me an offer based on these grades, they won't accept me because I won't be able to get them

P.S.

Bio and Chem are good. All you need to get is English and Mathematics (above a C). Focus, and revise.

You can choose to think about not getting in, or you can start preparing yourself so that you WILL get in. See where I'm coming from here? Don't leave it to chance. The people replying to your thread aren't going to decide your future for you.

P.S.

You definitely will get in!! Im in year 13 now and at our sixth form we only had to get 5 gcses at grade C or above, and by the sounds of you, you seem like a really intelligent person im sure you will get in, its uni that you have to worry about getting into!(well for me it is anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending