The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have a weird and diverse music taste?

I love music.

My music tastes ranges from death metal, pop punk, indie, pop, country, classical etc..
It's slightly weird but I think it's better to be open minded to different genres.

Is anyone else the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really like soundscapes, music to fill the background or block out noise. I use this website a lot http://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

Well Soundscapes, Tonal Drones, Binaural Beats, Patternscapes, Atmosphere and Natural sound generators
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, tons of people are the same. It's not weird. Exploring genres is fun.
Reply 3
I am generally more into indie, pop punk, hardcore and rock. Music is my everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I like most genres of music from this to this. :smile:
Original post by juliap1
I am generally more into indie, pop punk, hardcore and rock. Music is my everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not weird and diverse.

My taste in music has always been weird. Thanks to a friend of mine, it has become more diverse.
I don't have a weird taste in music (at least in my opinion :biggrin:) but I definitely have an uncommon one among my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student
That's not weird and diverse.

My taste in music has always been weird. Thanks to a friend of mine, it has become more diverse.

If you knew what my friends listen to, you wouldn't say the same thing:frown:
Original post by juliap1
If you knew what my friends listen to, you wouldn't say the same thing:frown:

eh? Listening to rock, indie and pop isn't "diverse". I have a lot of Jazz and Indie / rock type music on my ipod (only because the Jazz is a tad too relaxing and I've been known to nod off!:colondollar: ) - that is diverse.
Reply 9
Original post by OU Student
eh? Listening to rock, indie and pop isn't "diverse". I have a lot of Jazz and Indie / rock type music on my ipod (only because the Jazz is a tad too relaxing and I've been known to nod off!:colondollar: ) - that is diverse.

Well I agree, but I only said what I usually listen to. I also like catalan, spanish, portuguese and french music and I listen to jazz and classical music to study.
Original post by juliap1
I listen to jazz and classical music to study.

:mad:
Reply 11
Yeah, my taste is really diverse. I try not to put myself in musical blinkers, so to speak. Within genres I'm particular because I know if something grabs me or not but I can find agreeable tunes almost across the board. Indie, reggae, rock, folk, classical, soul, jazz, opera, dance . . . Not really keen on heavy metal, drum n bass, or grime.
I like listening to pop, gospel/Christian music, musical theatre, and more classical music. I don't think it's particularly diverse compared to what other people on TSR are saying they like.
Reply 13
Yeah, it's not weird to have a diverse music taste :smile: I listen to jazz, country, rnb, rap, pop, Latin, German music... Lots of stuff
I like political rap, classical music, film soundtracks, punk, and rock!
Reply 15
Original post by Caitlinmcewan
I love music.

My music tastes ranges from death metal, pop punk, indie, pop, country, classical etc..
It's slightly weird but I think it's better to be open minded to different genres.

Is anyone else the same?

The music genre I like varies quite a lot!!! :biggrin:
At the moment, I am really into the synthesised 80s

But I also have a liking for metal, indie and folk (and a teensy bit of classical)
Reply 17
It's not weird at all.
Is anyone up for listing some of their favourite songs?
Original post by Caitlinmcewan
Is anyone up for listing some of their favourite songs?

Yeah! There was an old thread for that I have it saved lemme go revive it *runs away excitedly*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest