The Student Room Group

Scratched car across entire side panel

Scratched my car along the entire side panel when i scraped it along the corner of a builders truck type thing. There's about 4 big scratches. One seems deep.

The car is a dark blue 3dr Corsa that's about 11 years old. It's on the passenger side and the door still locks. One of the scratches seems deep, the rest are less so. There's a small dent in the passenger door side and then another small one underneath the back window. I've applied some scratch remover, it was obviously never going to remove it, but it's made it look less noticeable.

I was wondering how much it's going to cost me to get fixed, and ideas about fixing it? I should be taking it to a body shop sometime next week, most likely next Saturday (29th) or Sunday (30th). I did it yesterday (Friday 21st).

Can anyone tell me if they've had something similar or the price they think it's going to cost. Will I need a new panel / passenger side door? I've uploaded photos. Number 1 is without the scratch remover. Numbers 2 and 3 are straight after i applied the scratch remover. Since then, it looks a bit whiter but it does look a lot better. The dents also look a lot worse in the photos than what they are on the actual car.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vidal16
Scratched my car along the entire side panel when i scraped it along the corner of a builders truck type thing. There's about 4 big scratches. One seems deep.

The car is a dark blue 3dr Corsa that's about 11 years old. It's on the passenger side and the door still locks. One of the scratches seems deep, the rest are less so. There's a small dent in the passenger door side and then another small one underneath the back window. I've applied some scratch remover, it was obviously never going to remove it, but it's made it look less noticeable.

I was wondering how much it's going to cost me to get fixed, and ideas about fixing it? I should be taking it to a body shop sometime next week, most likely next Saturday or Sunday. I did it yesterday (Friday 21st).

Can anyone tell me if they've had something similar or the price they think it's going to cost. Will i need a new panel / passenger side door? If there's a way of uploading photos I will, but I'm new here and don't know how haha.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I'll move this to Motoring, someone will probably know here :smile:
I guess it depends where you want to get it fixed from because there'll be differences in how much it'll cost you
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
I'll move this to Motoring, someone will probably know here :smile:

Thank you. I've added photos if you'd like to take another look please? Thanks again.
Its likely to cost you more then the cars worth.
Reply 5
Most probably write off.
Go to a scrappy, you might find a Corsa C in that colour that's being broken for spares. They'll give you panels for £20.
Reply 7
Original post by ToastyCoke
Go to a scrappy, you might find a Corsa C in that colour that's being broken for spares. They'll give you panels for £20.

I don't think you can unbolt the back wing from a 3 door corsa?
Original post by JC.
I don't think you can unbolt the back wing from a 3 door corsa?

Very good point. Front door removal/fitting wouldn't save much. Forget my idea OP lol.
It'd probably be cheaper to replace the door and then get that rear panel bogged over and painted.
I think it could be an easy £500-£800 worth. Good job its a solid colour rather than multilayered/metallic/similar.

Id advise you pull that big black sticker off your window so that you can see more clearly next time.
Original post by Limpopo
I think it could be an easy £500-£800 worth. Good job its a solid colour rather than multilayered/metallic/similar.

Id advise you pull that big black sticker off your window so that you can see more clearly next time.

I don't think that's a sticker mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending