The Student Room Group

English language

Can you help me write a creative piece of writing based on one line of Dulce et Decorum Est
Oh this poem haha I remember the title to it:L what is it you're looking to be asked to do specifically?
Original post by Safiya122
Oh this poem haha I remember the title to it:L what is it you're looking to be asked to do specifically?

Well all I have to do is use a line from the poem to create a creative piece of writing
Original post by happy_mallhi
Well all I have to do is use a line from the poem to create a creative piece of writing

What line do you plan on using?
What line do you plan on using?

Well I'm planning on using line 9 and 10 (as they are joint): Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!- An ecstasy of fumbling, Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time. Do you think I should use a different line that would make my creative piece better?
Well I'm planning on using line 9 and 10 (as they are joint): Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!- An ecstasy of fumbling, Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time. Do you think I should use a different line that would make my creative piece better?

This line is quite good tbh but it's really up to you. Choose one you feel most comfortable with :smile:
This line is quite good tbh but it's really up to you. Choose one you feel most comfortable with :smile:

Well that's what I'm thinking to write about. How do you think I should do my creative piece of writing? I don't know which one to choose out of the following:
Letter from the trenches explaining relatives what's going on
OR
Flashback when I am suffering from shell shock
OR
Students visiting the trenches having the story retold
Well that's what I'm thinking to write about. How do you think I should do my creative piece of writing? I don't know which one to choose out of the following:
Letter from the trenches explaining relatives what's going on
OR
Flashback when I am suffering from shell shock
OR
Students visiting the trenches having the story retold

That's up to you it really depends what you feel most comfortable with and also which one you think you'd be able to analyse the best
That's up to you it really depends what you feel most comfortable with and also which one you think you'd be able to analyse the best

Well I have to write a creative piece of writing including that line within it. I got this exam on Monday. Can you please help me!!:smile:
Well I have to write a creative piece of writing including that line within it. I got this exam on Monday. Can you please help me!!:smile:

I'll try as much as I can :smile: have you wrote notes down for this already? I think I have my analysis of the poems in my bedroom but not sure where about it is haha
I'll try as much as I can :smile: have you wrote notes down for this already? I think I have my analysis of the poems in my bedroom but not sure where about it is haha

Oh I see. I have analysed it and made notes but i'm not confident. Tomorrow I'm thinking of writing the story so yeah:s-smilie:
Oh I see. I have analysed it and made notes but i'm not confident. Tomorrow I'm thinking of writing the story so yeah:s-smilie:

i recommend using sparknotes.co.uk and getrevising.co.uk to help you out :smile:
i recommend using sparknotes.co.uk and getrevising.co.uk to help you out :smile:

oh thank you very much for being so kind and helpful to me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest