The Student Room Group

A-level subjects and grades needed to study ICT at university?

Currently studying GCSEs at school and have to choose my A-levels in the next couple of weeks! Wanting a career in IT (preferably software rather than hardware, but I do not do computing GCSE, only core IT!) and wondering what A-level subject and grades I would need to study IT at university?
Dont think there's really anything specific. My friend is studying it and she did ART, ICT and business at A-level
I'm in year 13 now and wanting to study computer science at uni. I do maths, further maths and ict atm. I've been accepted with a conditional offer at lancaster and loughborough with a A in ict, but as long as you meet the entry requirements they are not bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Safiya122
Dont think there's really anything specific. My friend is studying it and she did ART, ICT and business at A-level

Ahhh okay, thankyou:smile: Thinking of taking Single+Double ICT, Maths, and Geography, so I should be good to go!
Original post by Heartland
I'm in year 13 now and wanting to study computer science at uni. I do maths, further maths and ict atm. I've been accepted with a conditional offer at lancaster and loughborough with a A in ict, but as long as you meet the entry requirements they are not bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thankyou! I'm happy to take Maths as it's one that would be useful for any career, do you think further maths is necessary? I'm aiming for an A in GCSE, although not sure about the commitment of further??
I got a B at GCSE and got a B in further maths at AS. Maths at alevel is a big step up, it's not like GCSE maths. But to answer your questions descion maths and the FP4 unit is usefull. I would ask your school which modules they do as my friend doesn't Descion 2 but instead does harder FP units. FP1 is the easiest FP unit and I would say that FP2 or FP3 are the hardest. This is just generally as I'm not doing FP2 or FP3.
Feel free to message me about anything and sorry about the spelling! It's pretty clear why I took maths not English)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest