The Student Room Group

Do you prefer english or maths?

Poll

Do you prefer english or maths?

Personally I always hated english :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I liked both. But... ultimately, English :smile: Mostly because I'm doing an English degree!
I like them equally, but in an educational context I'm **** at English, so I guess I'll go with Maths.
Reply 3
I like both... but I'll go with Maths because is English is based around the way people interpret things, making it quite hard.
Maths! :h: I have always sucked at English. :frown:
Reply 5
Maths. I barely got a C in English GCSE.
English, I'm so bad at maths
I really enjoyed English lit at GCSE, but I enjoy maths more and carried on with it to AS so I prefer maths.
If by English you mean English Lit then English! :ahee:

If it's English Language then maths, probably. I'm good at both but don't enjoy either.
I like them both but have a stronger preference over English for Maths. :h:
I find English boring although lit seems alright but can be boring when you keep repeating it but I have to go with maths as its far more interesting in a level.
Neither, English is pointless and Maths is boring
Maths. Logical and there was a right answer.

English was much more about interpretation and a lot of the time keeping to that of your teacher. Plus sometimes would be a case of looking for something deeper when it doesn't have to be there.
Reply 14
Maths, no question. English was definitely my worst subject at school (except for PE)
Reply 15
Interesting that there's a fairly even number of people liking either subject. I was expecting there to be a lot more people preferring maths :tongue:
Reply 16
But then I was only looking at the replies not the poll results :s-smilie:
Maths is 3 times more popular than english :tongue:
I love English, especially when it's related with business subjects :h: Always disliked Maths :puke:
I preferred maths but was a lot better at English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Also what did you get in GCSE maths and english?

Quick Reply

Latest