The Student Room Group

I'm an emotional masochist - AMA

I'm an emotional masochist. I find emotional relief in emotional torment, humiliation, discomfort and commonly set myself up to isolate, embarrass or otherwise damage myself.

Ask me anything.

Alternatively, don't ask me anything so as to embarrass me for having disclosed this sensitive information and invited questions only to be met by a cold, mocking silence. Har har har.
Are you male or female?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an emotional masochist. I find emotional relief in emotional torment, humiliation, discomfort and commonly set myself up to isolate, embarrass or otherwise damage myself.

i think we need to have a chat some time :cool:
Introvert or extrovert?
Chemistry or psychology?
DC or Marvel?
Illuminati?
Are you Illuminati?
Do you think that being emotionally masochistic is linked to your upbringing or is it genetic. Also do you think its linked to your sexuality?
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
For someone who claims to "find emotional relief in emotional torment, humiliation, discomfort and commonly set myself up to isolate, embarrass or otherwise damage myself" - yes, it is surprising/inconsistent. In truth, you're most likely little more than just another internet attention seeker :rolleyes:

no way is this guy a legit masochist, his posts wreak of attention whoring
Reply 8
Original post by TE Lawrence
Please direct me to what in this thread is in any way attention whoring.

Only on the internet could people be so arrogant as to think that from a few lines of text they can know a person.

your posts are written like your crying, lame ass cry baby english such as 'know a person'
do you have friends?
That is absolutely ridiculous.

no its spot on and you know it, i'm simply practicing inductive reasoning, your English is typical of cry babies that seek attention
Not really. I have relationships that fall somewhere between acquaintanceship and real friendship at uni.

so you feel like you're some kind of freak then? like compared to everyone else?
Yes, but not because of the masochism. Why do you ask?

Jw. If you saw me crying and bleeding, would you laugh and walk away?
No, I don't. This is not inductive reasoning, it's ridiculous. Nothing in the way I have been writing can be said to be 'typical of cry babies that seek attention'. I have simply been writing full, coherent sentences. Please take your inverted snobbery elsewhere.

crying at snobbery

you don't like being judged that's why you made the post private

therefore your not a masochist
Clearly the problem is that you don't understand what masochism actually is. Your logic is also deeply flawed.

I have posted anonymously because I don't want others on TSR to know this about me...this does not mean I am not a masochist.

"I find emotional relief in emotional torment, humiliation, discomfort and commonly set myself up to isolate, embarrass or otherwise damage myself."

So your natural reaction is to hide something about yourself? Fail get lost troll.

Quick Reply

Latest