The Student Room Group

EPQ question ideas?

Hey guys, I am an A2 student who wants to study medicine at university. At the moment I have taken on the challenge of an EPQ however I can't think of a question. I want the question to be based around medicine and even better nephrology and hoped you guys could help. All ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ragib
Hey guys, I am an A2 student who wants to study medicine at university. At the moment I have taken on the challenge of an EPQ however I can't think of a question. I want the question to be based around medicine and even better nephrology and hoped you guys could help. All ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

what is pq about

what is the point of the question ?
Reply 2
@jumjum
An EPQ is an extended project qualification.
Where we have to complete a dissertation of 5000 and present our ideas through a presentation on a question of our choice.
I want my question to do with Medicine and was thinking of anyone with any EPQ experience could help
I have done an EPQ (just finished) and I would say other people's suggestions may help but the idea has to come from you so the way I found out my question was to do a spider diagram of all the different questions around an initial idea and keep extending the points of the diagram i found interesting until I had enough to choose from. Then look at your diagram and pick one or two specific ideas for a question and you are on your way
EPQs should be personal- I feel....

Do some research on controversial issues on topics that you feel are interesting via google Scholar. If something comes up frequently then go for it and make a title out of it.

I did that for my dentistry based EPQ
Reply 5
Original post by SummerBaby
I have done an EPQ (just finished) and I would say other people's suggestions may help but the idea has to come from you so the way I found out my question was to do a spider diagram of all the different questions around an initial idea and keep extending the points of the diagram i found interesting until I had enough to choose from. Then look at your diagram and pick one or two specific ideas for a question and you are on your way

Thanks!
I have a vague question but I think its too long what your opinion?

"To what extent are the current renal failure treatments effective and are there any new methods which could be used in the future to treat the disease?"
You are only just starting it?
My school started it just before the summer holidays, and have a deadline of it being finished by March

Quick Reply

Latest