The Student Room Group

KSI's (a YouTuber) new penthouse in London

Am I jealous? In the sense of wanting a flat like that, I suppose so.

Envious? Not really, I see it more of an inspiration that you can build up to something big if you put your mind to it.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SP0TIFY

Am I jealous? In the sense of wanting a flat like that, I suppose so.

Envious? Not really, I see it more of an inspiration that you can build up to something big if you put your mind to it.

Thoughts?

so they got that place from youtubing or do they have another job
i think they were rich before
Reply 2
Original post by jumjum

It's a group of a few youtubers who live their, though he is the main occupant... I think they still all live in another house that they're renting. But yes, he's made all of his money from YouTube, in his older videos he's living in a very modest house with his parents :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jumjum

Nah people get very rich from YouTube.
Reply 4
Original post by SP0TIFY
It's a group of a few youtubers who live their, though he is the main occupant... I think they still all live in another house that they're renting. But yes, he's made all of his money from YouTube, in his older videos he's living in a very modest house with his parents :smile:

i wouold like to live there too

Looks like the best looking thing ive seen in london TBH
Far from the best looking penthouse you can get in London, but still very good for his age. I reckon it costs around £1M.
Original post by SP0TIFY

He is the sole occupant of that penthouse apartment. He also part-owns another property (the one he shares with the other you tubers), but this apartment is his alone
I hate that society rewards this ****. This is what happens when the media obsess with celebrity culture.
Reply 8
Original post by MJ1012
Nah people get very rich from YouTube.

This

Original post by jumjum
i wouold like to live there too

Looks like the best looking thing ive seen in london TBH

It's amazing, and very big. What a view. Perfect. Goals. lol

Original post by zzFishstick
Far from the best looking penthouse you can get in London, but still very good for his age. I reckon it costs around £1M.

Definitely not the biggest no doubt, but I do love the whole look and feel of the design. Though I would break up the whole whitewash feel of the walls/everything and get some colour in there

Original post by Dr. Django
He is the sole occupant of that penthouse apartment. He also part-owns another property (the one he shares with the other you tubers), but this apartment is his alone

Thought it was something along the lines of this
Original post by zzFishstick

Wtf, you clearly don't live in London.

Typical 2 bed down here is £4M
Reply 10
The boy's done well for himself, albeit it wasn't through a typical day's work.
Original post by thenumber2goose
I hate that society rewards this ****. This is what happens when the media obsess with celebrity culture.

I don't see anything wrong with his success tbh. He worked hard for it. Let him enjoy. He loves FIFA, he makes videos about it which millions of people enjoy as well as other funny videos and he gets paid (handsomely) by advertisers...

Wouldn't exactly call him a celebrity in the conventional sense; he makes funny videos about FIFA :P I love it when youtubers do good for themselves (like Dan and Phil getting their own show on radio1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
I don't see anything wrong with his success tbh. He worked hard for it. Let him enjoy. He loves FIFA, he makes videos about it which millions of people enjoy as well as other funny videos and he gets paid (handsomely) by advertisers...

It's the influence he (YouTubers in general) has over teenagers that bothers me. They'll see a guy who in reality does nothing, gets paid handsomely for it and is 'famous'. They see this guy and instead of aspiring to be a teacher or a nurse, they aspire to be like him.
Reply 14
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary

Did he work hard? Or did he play Fifa, scream a lot and put it on YouTube?
Reply 15
Original post by MJ1012
Did he work hard? Or did he play Fifa, scream a lot and put it on YouTube?

Both.
They all put their money together. They make a fair bit from their videos and sponsorships etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would play E.T on Atari for a flat like that. That's how sexy it is.
It's the influence he (YouTubers in general) has over teenagers that bothers me. They'll see a guy who in reality does nothing, gets paid handsomely for it and is 'famous'. They see this guy and instead of aspiring to be a teacher or a nurse, they aspire to be like him.

Working hard doesnt always reward individuals with opulence .

Rich people got there by exploting a opening in society.
Reply 19
Original post by Olie
Both.

Can you let me know what you feel he's done that could be described as "hard work"?

Quick Reply

Latest