The Student Room Group

Do girls get pissed off when you call them the wrong name?

I call Lyra Heather and Heather Lyra on a frequent non-frequent basis.

They seem annoyed it was only after I realised after when I saw their name tag.

I have trouble remembering peoples names despite seeing them often, but I wanted to ask do females in particular get annoyed if you call them the wrong name - especially if they are hnngg?

This happens a lot to me..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
stop being so nervous and you'll be ok
I don't think this just applies to girls.
I constantly used to get my friends' names mixed up. :colondollar:
Original post by tengentoppa
I don't think this just applies to girls.

I just call duded homie, don or detriment or baws.
Original post by twisted
stop being so nervous and you'll be ok

ok :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
I call Lyra Heather and Heather Lyra on a frequent non-frequent basis.

They seem annoyed it was only after I realised after when I saw their name tag.

I have trouble remembering peoples names despite seeing them often, but I wanted to ask do females in particular get annoyed if you call them the wrong name - especially if they are hnngg?

This happens a lot to me..

Especially when their sister has a name that sounds fimiliar or rhymes. :facepalm:
Am I the only one who looked at the thread title and pretty much immediately thought of Ross and Emily in Friends?
Yeah. They get really pissed when you call them an ex girlfriends name - especially in bed.
As a guy, I get annoyed when people call me by the wrong name. So I assume the same for girls? Then again, I'm not one to hold grudges. People forget. :smile:
Girls are people and people get annoyed when you call them by the wrong name, so yes, I think it's a reasonable conclusion.
I do, yes.
Dont really give a **** unless its some one I like.

Some people just say my names too hard to pronounce. (Lies, all lies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it is rude, I'm not good at remembering nAmes because I don't focus on it as important information, but I won't admit it to the person, as chances are I won't need to call them, I'll just learn their name. I find it annoying when people call me someone else's name or ask me questions but don't remember what I said and ask me again
Yeah, I get really annoyed :mad:
Reply 14
Original post by Enoxial
Especially when their sister has a name that sounds fimiliar or rhymes. :facepalm:

:biggrin:
Especially when that person does it deliberately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Nothing more irritating than wrong name, mispronounced name or misspelled name.
What is "hnngg"?
I don't think I've ever been called the wrong name. I imagine I'd find it somewhat amusing and then move on with my life.

I have called other people by the wrong name before (usually friends) but that's mainly because I'm a bit dopey and get tongue-tied.
(edited 9 years ago)
Everyone does, not just girls. So many people get my name wrong . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viceroy
What is "hnngg"?

I thought i was the only one wondering that

Quick Reply

Latest