The Student Room Group

Anyone speak Japanese?

I have an A* at GCSE Japanese (I taught myself) and to try improve and keep it up I would like to talk to some one who speaks it.

Scroll to see replies

Korean > Japanese.

It's too hard for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by missfats
Korean > Japanese.

It's too hard for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't speak any Korean

Posted from TSR Mobile
So jealous! I am self teaching my self Japanese, all i know is the basics of all basics. This Jan gonna enrol to a class cant wait though! When the time comes I will be confident enough to talk to you I think xD How fluent are you? And can you read fluently as well?
konitcheewa
Original post by hukdealz
konitcheewa

Genki Deska?
Reply 6
Ne hao! lol

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by AnimeCrazy
So jealous! I am self teaching my self Japanese, all i know is the basics of all basics. This Jan gonna enrol to a class cant wait though! When the time comes I will be confident enough to talk to you I think xD How fluent are you? And can you read fluently as well?

I'm not fluent, but I am pretty confident. I'm not confident enough with complex grammar because I don't have anyone teaching me, but I think practice will help. For my GCSE oral exam I got full marks (A*) and for the reading and listening exams I got an A* too. I got an A in the writing paper. I enjoy the language, but I don't think I have the skill to teach myself the AS Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Mary562
Ne hao! lol

Spoiler

One of my best friends is from Hong Kong and speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watashi no Nihon wa hijō ni sabitadesu. Watashi ga kuma yori mo haruka ni yoi koto o hanasu koto ga deki, koko de ōku no hitobito ga aru koto o kakushin ****e imasu
Reply 10
Original post by the bear
Watashi no Nihon wa hijō ni sabitadesu. Watashi ga kuma yori mo haruka ni yoi koto o hanasu koto ga deki, koko de ōku no hitobito ga aru koto o kakushin ****e imasu

Eigo de "hijō ni sabita" wa nani desu ka? Nihongo pera pera wakarimasen. So****e, nihongo no bunpo ga muzukashii to omoimasu.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A* at GCSE and I'm now doing AS! こんにちは!元気ですか?
What resources did you guys use and find helpful for Japanese? Any free stuff you particularly recommend?
Reply 13
Original post by Edminzodo
I got an A* at GCSE and I'm now doing AS! こんにちは!元気ですか?

こんにちはEdminzodoさん! 元気です。あなたは元気もか?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ki Yung Na
What resources did you guys use and find helpful for Japanese? Any free stuff you particularly recommend?

Never underestimate how useful Wikipedia can be. I also listened to A LOT of music. YouTube is good for that. Also there are plenty of great apps for android (and a few for iOS). I particularly like Akebi. There is a great website learning vocabulary, it can't help with grammar unfortunately, memrise. Then an online database of example sentences, tatoeba. There's another website I like as well, but I can't remember what it's called. All free. Then theres Japanesepod101, they're paid but occasionally they have free bonuses and rewards for doing stuff like filling in surveys

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NekoJyo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am. I'm on my phone now so don't have Japanese characters. SUMIMASEN!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Edminzodo
Yes, I am. I'm on my phone now so don't have Japanese characters. SUMIMASEN!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Daijoubu desu. (^_^)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NekoJyo
Never underestimate how useful Wikipedia can be. I also listened to A LOT of music. YouTube is good for that. Also there are plenty of great apps for android (and a few for iOS). I particularly like Akebi. There is a great website learning vocabulary, it can't help with grammar unfortunately, memrise. Then an online database of example sentences, tatoeba. There's another website I like as well, but I can't remember what it's called. All free. Then theres Japanesepod101, they're paid but occasionally they have free bonuses and rewards for doing stuff like filling in surveys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot - looking forward to trying some of this out. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NekoJyo

Posted from TSR Mobile

On my phone so can't type in Japanese. If you're using casual speech, avoid 'anata' and instead use something like kimi or just say their name. Also, in casual you don't say 'ka' especially without desu. And, you can't say mo ka. I'd say: Kimi/name mo genki? (raise intonation)
Or, if formal, anata/name mo genki desu ka?

I study Japanese at university. I'm in second year.
大学で日本語の勉強のほうがいいと思う。もし、日本の留学生になる機会があるからだ。

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending