The Student Room Group

Night in- feel like crap

I hate being quiet and not doing something. In always filling my time with something. Normally a mixture of work and friends.

Anyway tonight everyone I know is busy, nothing is happening, even my family are out and I'm stuck indoors.
I'm really social, and just want to spend my night off hanging out with friends. Just getting me really down tbh.

It's also given me time to think. Reflecting on the fact I'm 22 and single. Sucks. Single thing doesn't really bother me too much, but it's boring times like this where I think I could be spending my time more productively with someone.
Go wild, have an adventure in central London, just leave the house without an agenda and bump into some people :3
I feel you OP, I've had a weekend like that as well. :frown:
Reply 3
Well at least your computer is working. I'm stuck watching Agent Cody Banks on Netflix.

If you want to socialize then go out to a bar on your own/wander around town and see were things take you. It sounds sad but you have nothing to lose if it doesn't go anywhere.
If you feel to go clubbing go to a club in central london , even on sundays they're semi decent .

Why not just put your feet up and watch a film ?
Reply 5
Original post by ParadiseFound
If you feel to go clubbing go to a club in central london , even on sundays they're semi decent .

Why not just put your feet up and watch a film ?

I really cant stand clubs. I normally just hangout with friends, go to the pub, or just go and do stuff.

I just feel so unmotivated to watch a film or something like that.
Just feel trapped inside the house, in this deathly silence.
Reply 6
Original post by Evening
Well at least your computer is working. I'm stuck watching Agent Cody Banks on Netflix.

If you want to socialize then go out to a bar on your own/wander around town and see were things take you. It sounds sad but you have nothing to lose if it doesn't go anywhere.

I'm social but I'm not that social lol. That really doesn't intrest me. I at least need a wingman...
Reply 7
Original post by SophieSmall

It sucks! I don't have them often, but when I do I hate them!
Reply 8
Really? lol I love chilling alone when I can... just because I rarely ever get to. My house is usually always occupied, at least one parent or sibling hanging around at all times

When it's just me I can do whatever. Blast music as loud as I want, play console games online without worrying about anyone hogging up the bandwidth, marathon a show or watch any film I've been meaning to watch fully undisturbed and best of all have free reign over the kitchen (I can get experimental no questions asked). If all else fails you can simply try something productive, it's the best time to get work done whilst at home. Last time I had the house to myself I just spent all day working on a music project I had been putting off weeks before

As for being single @ 22, does it really matter? As people we fall in and out of relationships all the time. Not the end of the world, though I guess if it is starting to feel that way there's always Tinder
Reply 9
We all have evenings like this unless you are a complete socialite. A suitable pub is not a bad bet to get out on such an evening. And what about joining a club associated with a hobby. Agree, young, free and single is over rated..
Original post by SophieSmall

I've been having weekends like this for as long as I can remember. And I love it.
jeez my life has been like that every night for the past three years
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I hate being quiet and not doing something. In always filling my time with something. Normally a mixture of work and friends.

Anyway tonight everyone I know is busy, nothing is happening, even my family are out and I'm stuck indoors.
I'm really social, and just want to spend my night off hanging out with friends. Just getting me really down tbh.

It's also given me time to think. Reflecting on the fact I'm 22 and single. Sucks. Single thing doesn't really bother me too much, but it's boring times like this where I think I could be spending my time more productively with someone.

We are literally polar opposites on every level. Fair play.
Being alone and being able to just relax and watch TV shows is my favourite thing in the world lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending