Original post by charnot1997
Anyone got any offers for any uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you sent your application off yet?
Original post by Aubrey_79
Have you sent your application off yet?

Yeah last week :| im quite nervous for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Why is this forum quite dead this year?....
Anyways, I'm interested in applying for Optometry for 2016!!! I have applied to Aston, Anglia Ruskin, Machester, Cardiff and Heretfordshire. (was going to apply to City but Herts did Masters in Optom)
Application just been sent off today and hoping to get some offers in the next few weeks.
Good Luck Everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys! I'm a 2nd year Optometry student at City London. Let me know if you have any Qs and i'll try my best to answer and be helpful :h: Optometry is awesome (totally not being biased here) so well done for choosing to apply, and the best of luck!
anyone applying for optom that has done the dispensing course?
Original post by bubblegrow
Hey guys! I'm a 2nd year Optometry student at City London. Let me know if you have any Qs and i'll try my best to answer and be helpful :h: Optometry is awesome (totally not being biased here) so well done for choosing to apply, and the best of luck!

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for your A level?
I really want to go to London city but there requirements are 3 A's!
Just want to know if they are lenient?
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for your A level?
I really want to go to London city but there requirements are 3 A's!
Just want to know if they are lenient?

I got in with ABB. I was a little surprised at first but turned out quite a few people with the same grades as me got accepted. I guess it depends on how your cohort does - obvs they can't reject 100 people who didn't get AAA on results day, so work on getting that offer!
Also might I add they they are less lenient with your grades if you don't complete your A levels within 2 years. If you retake a year for example and get ABB you are less likely to get accepted than someone who got the same grades as you but in 2 years instead. Hope that makes sense x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got in with ABB. I was a little surprised at first but turned out quite a few people with the same grades as me got accepted. I guess it depends on how your cohort does - obvs they can't reject 100 people who didn't get AAA on results day, so work on getting that offer!
Also might I add they they are less lenient with your grades if you don't complete your A levels within 2 years. If you retake a year for example and get ABB you are less likely to get accepted than someone who got the same grades as you but in 2 years instead. Hope that makes sense x

Yes it does make sense.
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I'm wanting to apply to study optometry and City is my first choice, my grades weren't amazing at AS with ABCC, my B in Biology and C in Chemistry, however I'm resitting all my chemistry exams and maybe one of my Biology exams to help bring my overall A level grade up.

I'm terrified as I'm so nervous about whether they would consider accepting me!

If (hopefully) I do get considered I'm wondering whether they do interviews??

Thanks a lot
Original post by Amanatdosanjh
Hi! I'm wanting to apply to study optometry and City is my first choice, my grades weren't amazing at AS with ABCC, my B in Biology and C in Chemistry, however I'm resitting all my chemistry exams and maybe one of my Biology exams to help bring my overall A level grade up.

I'm terrified as I'm so nervous about whether they would consider accepting me!

If (hopefully) I do get considered I'm wondering whether they do interviews??

Thanks a lot

City don't interview so don't worry about it, and most people who apply get offers. :smile:
Got my first offer from ARU! 😊
Original post by BubbleLover98

Congratulations!! Do they interview, and which uni are you hoping to go for?😊
Original post by BubbleLover98

Congratulations!

I haven't applied!
If I send my application off in November, will I get offers?
[QUOTE=nusaybahab;60215441]Congratulations!! Do they interview, and which uni are you hoping to go for?😊

Thanks!! And no, they don't interview, I think Manchester and Hertfordshire always interview and Cardiff sometimes does! I'm hoping to get into Cardiff or Aston! :smile:
Congratulations!

I haven't applied!
If I send my application off in November, will I get offers?

Yes. Of course! It isn't first come first served or anything so you'll be fine. Besides, there will be others also applying in November time!

Hi I just got a conditional offer from City, they're asking for 360 ucas points inc an A in bio and chem and I got ACC as AS Cs in both sciences and my predicted is AAB with an A in Chem and B in bio, do you think they'll accept me if I get my predicted or are they really strict in sticking to that offer?
Reply 57
Original post by justbilivit
Hi I just got a conditional offer from City, they're asking for 360 ucas points inc an A in bio and chem and I got ACC as AS Cs in both sciences and my predicted is AAB with an A in Chem and B in bio, do you think they'll accept me if I get my predicted or are they really strict in sticking to that offer?

Do you do maths? What's your third subject?? Worried cos I'm applying there also, predicted A* A A but won't get an A in chem, lucky if I get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VeepFan
Do you do maths? What's your third subject?? Worried cos I'm applying there also, predicted A* A A but won't get an A in chem, lucky if I get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I do psychology where I think have a good chance of getting an A* but if you do maths they'd ask for atleast two As in either maths bio or chem and if you don't mind me asking what were your AS grades?
Reply 59
Original post by justbilivit
No I do psychology where I think have a good chance of getting an A* but if you do maths they'd ask for atleast two As in either maths bio or chem and if you don't mind me asking what were your AS grades?

AABC (with a C in literature that i dropped), B in chem. i think i could get AAB overall with the B staying in chem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest